Project Manager – Arzte der Welt Vacancy Announcement, March 23, 2023
Organization: Arzte der Welt
Position: Project Manager
Employment: Full Time
Experience Level: Mid Level (3 years)
Salary: According to Organizational HR policy with small rooms for negotiation.
Number of Positions: 1
Date of Announcement: March 13, 2023
Deadline: March 26, 2023
- The Project Manager will be managed directly by the Field Coordinator. The Project manager will receive technical support from Health Coordinator, Logistics Coordinator and Finance and Administration Coordinator. The Project manager will directly manage Base Logistics officer, Finance/Admin Officer, Health officer and Pharmacy assistant team based in Nogob zone.
- The Project manager will closely work with the national partner implementing WASH and Nutrition program.
- Ensure that beneficiaries and local populations understand the project objectives and participate actively in their implementation.
- Plan program activities in coordination with the team and ensure that activity timelines are met. In the event of serious delays in project implementation, to immediately inform the Field Coordinator and proposed solutions.
- Work in close collaboration with the Medical Coordinator to ensure quality of program and services.
- Oversee an effective and efficient implementation of the health program activities in the designated Health Centers, Health Posts and in the community.
- Conduct regular field visits to ensure supervision of MCH, SRH, MHPSS/GBV & Disability, Pharmacy and community activities and provide feedback;
- Ensure the availability of updated guidelines relevant to the activities in coordination with Health Coordinator.
- Ensure compliance with objectives defined in the project proposal/s;
- Propose any revision or update of health activities when relevant with public health benefit or efficiency.
- Ensure proper archiving of all the documents, tools and training materials produced in the context of project/s and ensures the availability of the verification sources mentioned in the proposals.
- Participate in service mapping of health actors in Arzte Der Welt areas of operations, upon request from General Coordinator.
- Give input and participate in reporting to internal and external reports, including donor reports and in development of new proposals.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with local government officials and partners. More specifically ensure close collaboration with the Woreda Health Office and the Disaster Prevention and Preparedness Bureau (DPPB) representatives, and with other NGOs, donors, UN agencies, local government bodies.
- Produce monthly reports on project program achievements and with update analysis using regularly Arzte Der Welt online monitoring tool.
- Oversee prudent utilization of project material resources under Ärzte Der Welt disposition in order to ensure correct use and its longevity
- By being the line manager of the project team, he/she is final responsible for all orders (medical and logistical) and the Project’s purchases as well as the financial indicators, with the support of the LogCo, in order to ensure efficiency and early detection of deviations and its causes.
- Follow contextual development in the area of action and prepare an update for the monthly reporting of situation reports (SITREP) mainly for health situation update such as epidemics or displacement.
- Regularly update the Field Coordinator on security situation in the project area
- Work closely with the Field Coordinator to propose new ideas and modalities to improve the project activities implementation, considering contextual and legal developments.
- Ensure the implementation of all Programmed activities in Gerbo
- Ensure coordination, monitoring and integration of the activities defined in the logical framework and with the different actors involved and team members
- Update follow-up tools and Moni tool regularly.
- Represent Arzte Der Welt with partners, stakeholders and authority in relationship to the intervention inside the area of action.
- Under supervision of the Field Coordinator, follow up on negotiations with partners and authorities linked to program implementation
- Identify technical gaps and lead in the capacity building plan for partner and Arzte Der Welt team
- Maintain a regular follow-up of funds transfers, procurement, financial and activity reporting of partners.
- Take the leadership in revision of program activities based on needs and context
- Contribute to proposal and project report writings as requested.
- Participate to project and strategy planning meetings and provide inputs.
- Ensure operational support for partners and reporting any issues related to partner activities
- Lead in carrying out regular needs assessments, in case of upcoming needs or emergency situation requiring Ärzte Der Welt engagement
- Participate in preparation of monthly strep and context report, providing information to the Field Coordinator
- Compiling monthly project activities report and submit to Field coordinator and Medical Coordinator
- Ensure completeness of monthly data
- Contributing to donor reporting related to project activities.
- Any other report requested by the line managers
Staff Management And Capacity Building:-
- Provide overall management and supervision of the program team;
- Create a coordination mechanism specific for the program team to ensure quality and timely supervision;
- Ensures that Arzte Der Welt HR policies and guidelines are respected by the team (leaves, appraisals, code of conduct etc.);
- Contribute to the definition of the team set up and adjustment according to the human resources needs and report any HR needs to the field coordinator;
- Participate in the recruitment and induction process of the program team;
- Supervise and mentor staff under his direct management, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and providing documented semi-annual performance reviews;
- Report any HR issues to the Field Coordinator;
- Identify training needs, provide regular /on- job training and follow up.
- Ensure that both project and implementing partner staff receive appropriate and adequate training by mentoring and coaching them;
- Hold regular program team meetings and information sharing through a consultative leadership style and a transparent, honest and supportive communication structure;
- Ensure familiarity with donor compliance issues, ensuring all projects are compliant with these and Arzte Der Welt procedures
- Monitor Programmed related expenditure and budget compliance on a regular basis
- Ensure the adherence of Ärzte Der Welt and donor regulation
- MSc degree in public health.
- Health/clinical training with 3 years’ experience in SRH programing or other related fields such as Nutrition and WASH
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with INGO in leadership positions
- Good working knowledge of the English language is essential
- Strong organizational skills in emergency situations and autonomous in daily operations
- Excellent writing and reporting skills
- Good communication skills
- Fully fluent in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Showing flexibility, reactivity, anticipation, adaptability;
- Capacity to work and to live in a remote and isolated area
- Experience/knowledge of the Somali region is a plus.
How to Apply
- Interest candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letter in clouding updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact detail of three work-related reference
- if its possible attaché photocopies of the most relevant educational certificate/License (if applicable).
- please send all the above in one document – MS Word or PDF. Also, write the job title and your name in the subject line.
- Deadline for submission: 26st March 2023
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted
MdM Stands Up For The Integration Of People Living With Disabilities And Fights Against Discrimination.
For more vacancy alerts like this Arzte der Welt Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram