Cheshire Ethiopia Vacancy Announcement, March 9, 2023
Organization: Cheshire Ethiopia
Employment: Part-time (two days a week) at the beginning
Location: Menegesha (26 KMs from the Capital)
Number of Positions:
Date of Announcement: March 9, 2023
Deadline: March 17, 2023
Cheshire Ethiopia (CE) is a pioneer non-governmental Disability and Development organization registered as Local Civil Society Organization committed to the provision of rehabilitation services to PwDs in Ethiopia since 1962. CE has been re-registered and accorded legal personality with Registry Number 0505 on 12/07/2019 as local organization in accordance with the Civil Society Organization No. 1113/2019.
CE is currently implementing a project titled “Strengthening eye care services in the regions of Addis Ababa, Oromia, SNNP’ with general objective of contributing to improvement of eye health care services nationally. The project tries to comprehensively address the issue by implementing the following major activities;
Strengthening the MRC ophthalmology department by equipping the operating theatre with ophthalmic equipment, setting up an optical workshop and procuring medical supplies. Establish an efficient referral system as well as an early detection system in schools for comprehensive eye care for adults and children through coordinated outreach activities.
Strengthening human resource capacities through various training measures for the health staff of the Managesha Rehabilitation center (MRC) and primary health care facilities in the target regions.
Information and education campaigns to promote eye health and prevent avoidable blindness.
As part of project and clinic key personnel, we are looking for an ophthalmologist who treats eye conditions, conducts eye surgeries, prescribes vision aids, and recognizes and referesserious/complicated conditions. He/She is expected to work twice a week in clinics with periodical facilitation of outreach campaigns that offer routine eye tests, and cataract surgery performance. He/she will also serve as project lead appointed as project manager.
- Diagnosing and treating eye diseases and injuries.
- Performing corrective surgeries, such as repairing injuries and corneas, and removing cataracts.
- Providing routine care such as vision testing and prescribing glasses and contact lenses.
- Performing advanced surgical procedures, such as keyhole or laser surgery.
- Managing outpatient clinics.
- Treating medical disorders that affect the vision through a holistic approach.
- Using therapeutic procedures and performing biopsies.
- Consulting on the establishment of an eye clinic and optical workshop and its organization
- Providing general consultation for better implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of eye health care projects
- Planning and leading the overall clinical activities and outreach missions
- Serving as a project manager for the SoC project
- Performing any other related duties that can facilitate effectiveness and efficiency of the eye care services
- A medical degree in ophthalmology.
- Successful completion of an internship and residency in ophthalmology
- A minimum of two Years
- Government license to practice ophthalmology
- Good administrative and managerial skills.
- Strong organizational, communication, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can send their latest resume in word or PDF via Cheshire@cse.org.et or apply in person at Addis Ababa head office located to CMC Road, adjacent to Ethiopian Management Institute or Menagesha Rehabilitation Cente within 7 working days starting from the date of advertisement.
Click HERE to apply and view on source.
For more vacancy alerts like this Ethiopian Public Health Institute Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram