Project Associate, Nutrition CASCADE – Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition Vacancy Announcement, March 9, 2023
Organization: Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition
Position: Project Associate, Nutrition CASCADE
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Number of Positions:
Salary: ETB 498,696 – ETB 570,456 (gross) per annum
Date of Announcement: March 9, 2023
Deadline: March 24, 2023
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking a Project Associate, Nutrition CASCADE, to support the Project Manager with the assessment of the existing food environment and implementation status of food and nutrition-related policies and strategies
This role will be on a fixed-term contract for up to 27 months, subject to the availability of funding. This position will be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving the consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the role
The Project Associate will assist the Project Manager with key deliverables for the CASCADE Project which aims to improve malnutrition in Ethiopia through innovative and sustainable models. You will be working on exciting projects that will have a wide-reaching span across several regions in Africa, including Nigeria, Uganda and Kenya.
The postholders’ input and contributions will make a key difference in the world of nutrition by providing stakeholders with advice about food-based dietary guidelines as well as providing support to the development of the Food Systems Dashboard and other relevant reports.
The post will also see you playing a key and pivotal role, in ensuring that the monitoring, tracking, and documenting of the project’s paperwork are archived and stored correctly.
The post holder will be expected to quickly develop strong relationships with relevant partners, exploiting synergies within GAIN and with external stakeholders to ensure continued, effective, and timely project delivery.
- Assisting the Project Manager in the assessment of the existing food environment and implementation status of food and nutrition-related policies and strategies
- Advising key stakeholders about the application of Food Based Dietary guideline
- Providing support in familiarizing healthier diets concepts
- Supporting the development of Food System dashboard, related reports, Action Plans, and advocacy materials where needed.
- Providing support in identifying stakeholders for potential sources of data for food system dashboard indicators and ensuring procurement of data, and data quality
- Supporting to assess indicator data quality and suitability for the Food System Dashboard
- Keeping track of gender results, ensuring the initiative is gender-sensitive, and where feasible, gender-transformative
- The ideal candidate should have demonstrable experience of project management that spans different sectors and knowledge systems. Prior data analysis using a variety of tools is key to this role, alongside the ability to provide sound advice and knowledge with key findings.
- The post holder should have a strong understanding of food systems, nutrition and food security. You will have the ability to work with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders varying in seniority and this will also be a key attribute for the successful candidate.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Statistics, Food Sciences, or related fields with strong expertise in data analysis and statistics or similar qualifications/experience.
How to Apply
Click HERE to apply and view on source.
For more vacancy alerts like this Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition Vacancy Announcement Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram