International Medical Corps (IMC) Vacancy Announcement, April 11, 2023
Organization: International Medical Corps (IMC)
Position: Nutrition Program Specialist
Employment: Full Time
Location: Addis Ababa
Experience Level: Senior Level (4 – 7 Years)
Number of Positions: Not Specified
Date of Announcement: April 10, 2023
Deadline: April 20, 2023
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com.
About International Medical Corps
A preeminent First Responder, International Medical Corps provides emergency relief to those hit by disaster, and offers the skills needed to rebuild stronger. We train people – giving communities the tools and knowledge to be self-reliant and be their own best First Responders when disaster strikes again.
International Medical Corps focuses on the delivery of community-based primary health care. We emphasize training and education, and prioritize hiring local staff – in fact, 96% of our field-based staff and health professionals are recruited from the local community. This helps to ensure that skills and knowledge are passed on and remain long after our programs have ended. Through the integration of specialties like emergency medicine, women’s health, nutrition services, water and sanitation, and mental health into the primary health care setting, we ensure that those we serve receive holistic, comprehensive care. The value of International Medical Corps’ integrated approach to community health and well-being and our emphasis on capacity building through training are critical for the long-term growth of ‘conflict and natural disaster-affected communities’ and ‘fragile states’.
International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global, nonprofit, humanitarian aid organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering by providing emergency medical services, as well as healthcare training and development programs, to those in great need. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, we are a private group with no political or religious affiliation. Our mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that strengthen underserved communities worldwide. With the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergencies no matter where in the world they occur, we offer medical assistance and training to people at the highest risk, always working to strengthen local healthcare systems and promote self-reliance.
The Nutrition program specialist at country office, will lead technical tasks of planning, organizing, supervising, and implementation of a huge-sized nutrition programme. The Nutrition program specialist will mentor and supervise the Nutrition team to promote high quality nutrition implementation approaches. They will conduct various trainings on nutrition protocols, SMART surveys, and supportive supervision activities. They will perform assigned management duties closely working with other internal departments, to coordinate nutrition program activities.
This is a professional middle management position that works very closely with the Program manager & Coordinator in Addis Ababa, with a focus on comprehensive implementation of nutrition project activities. The Nutrition Program specialist is a program team member who will fully participate in more technical things for the nutrition program. The role has a significant focus on comprehensive planning and quality delivery of nutrition activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSABILITIES
- · Identify new potential partners for strategic engagement and negotiate strategic priorities, thru external contact with relevant counterparts across agencies.
- · Ensure that relevant crosscutting issues are strategically mainstreamed in new projects; also ensuring relevant staffs understand and are capacitated to take the issues forward.
- · Build on technical knowledge, research, and current/previous programming to lead design of new projects and development of proposals in close coordination with the relevant field, business development, and management staff. This includes all aspects of proposal development, such as concept notes and grant amendments. Ensure that proposals are developed in line with internal and member protocols and technical standards.
- · Through external contact with relevant counterparts in donor/research agencies, identify new potential funding sources and share with the International Medical Corps’ management.
- · Be fully aware of national policies, strategies and other initiatives and developments by government and other stakeholders in the area of nutrition. Regularly assess the implications for IMC’s programme and priorities of any changes in the operating environment in this sector and report on these to the internal fora as required
- · Program Implementation and Capacity Development
- · Review PMT (Project management tools) including pipelines.
- · Identify and reinforce existing support mechanisms and work closely with local counterparts to ensure community buy-in and cultural appropriateness of activities.
- · Strengthen case management and referral systems.
- · Work with teams and communities to develop appropriate prevention and awareness-raising/behavior change strategies.
- · Conduct periodic visits to implementation sites to understand the reality, provide on-site advise /support and come up with recommendations for program quality improvement.
- · Support and guide the nutrition team to capture /document program lessons at different levels.
- · Provide technical advice /guidance to the nutrition team while conducting nutrition surveys, evaluations, and other assessments, including in the design, conduct, analysis and write up of the reports; oversee possible consultancy work in the same if needed.
- · Lead and/or contribute to regular nutrition sector updates, capacity statements, and sector representative meetings/trainings.
- · Ensure the emergency nutrition program properly linked with the other sectors that International Medical Corps and other agencies implement.
- · Support Nutrition staff to become leaders of Nutrition prevention and response. Depending on skill sets and required roles, trainings may include National acute malnutrition management protocol, report writing, referral and case management, facilitation skills, mobilization, project cycle management, Nutrition software and data management, etc.
- · Organize and support training for healthcare providers, as needed and appropriate.
- · Contribute to information-sharing and data management systems.
- · Revise reports based on Donor requirements and address comments after technical.
- · Accompany and facilitate donor visits and provide relevant background materials.
- · Maintain flexibility to take on added responsibility as and when needed.
- · Ensure that IMC’s food security program and approach is in line with policies and strategies of the Government of Ethiopia’s as well.
- · Coordination
- · Coordinate with local and international NGOs, UN agencies and other stakeholders to ensure holistic support for beneficiaries, including participation in strengthening case identification, prevention, and management.
- · Actively participate in Nutrition working groups and contribute to interagency initiatives, also promoting IMC as a leader agency in Nutrition
- · Ensure maximum visibility of IMC and relevant donors amongst the UN and NGO community.
- · Contribute to the positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organization’s Code of Conduct
- · Human Resources Management
- · In collaboration with the HR department, ensure support to recruitment and selection of nutrition-related staff and for all matters concerning human resources for the nutrition unit.
- · Assist in the selection, training, and support of qualified program staff.
- · Develop support strategies for staff and introduce principles of self-care.
- · Financial Management
- · Plan for direct program budgets, closely monitor program budgetary expenditures, follow pipeline updates from finance team, advice and guide the nutrition team as well as lead in budget revisions/realignment as may be required.
- · Review work, spending and procurement plans in line with IMC’s financial pipelines.
- · Ensure compliance with donor financial regulations.
- · Supervise nutrition staff for the proper planning and utilization of budget and other resources under the nutrition program.
- · Logistics management
- · ·Follow the logistic issues in relation to nutrition including preparing procurement plans, raising purchase orders, and following the status of procurement and finally assuring the proper utilization of procured nutrition items (collaborating with IMC logistics department, government DPPC/Os, WFP and UNICEF)
- · Support the field team on the procurement process and ensure the requested materials reached to the field sire timely. M&E
- · Monitor the day-to-day implementation of nutrition program activities as per the detail implementation plan and project agreement with the donor or other implementation partners.
- · Security
- · Ensure compliance with security protocols and policies.
- · Consider security implications of all program activities, reviewing all new initiatives with national/ field staff and community leaders and incentive workers or volunteers.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT your CV or application to www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com website, it will not be considered for review.
International Medical Corps (IMC) Vacancy Announcement 2023
- Master’s degree in nutrition or public health from recognized learning institution plus 4 years of experience in related field
- Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, public health/Nursing or related field of study with 7 years of experience in related field
- NGO Experience on managing emergency Health and Nutrition intervention, particularly CMAM, IYCF projects in a national Level position for 3 years at least.
- Experience of facilitation of training review meetings and workshops.
- Experience on budget and manpower management and Excellent computer skills, including all Microsoft applications.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines and develop good team spirit and support staff.
- Training on CMAM, IYCF.
- Training on Project management would be an added value.
- Travel Required: 20% of Time
International Medical Corps (IMC) Vacancy Announcement 2023
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter by clearly stating the position that you are applying for and CV at www.ethiojobs.net before April 20, 2023.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.
For more vacancy alerts like this International Medical Corps (IMC) Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram