International Medical Corps (IMC) Vacancy Announcement, April 11, 2023
Organization: International Medical Corps (IMC)
Position: Nutrition Program Manager
Employment: Full Time
Location: Addis Ababa
Experience Level: Mid Level (3+ Years)
Number of Positions: Not Specified
Date of Announcement: April 10, 2023
Deadline: April 20, 2023
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com.
About International Medical Corps
A preeminent First Responder, International Medical Corps provides emergency relief to those hit by disaster, and offers the skills needed to rebuild stronger. We train people – giving communities the tools and knowledge to be self-reliant and be their own best First Responders when disaster strikes again.
International Medical Corps focuses on the delivery of community-based primary health care. We emphasize training and education, and prioritize hiring local staff – in fact, 96% of our field-based staff and health professionals are recruited from the local community. This helps to ensure that skills and knowledge are passed on and remain long after our programs have ended. Through the integration of specialties like emergency medicine, women’s health, nutrition services, water and sanitation, and mental health into the primary health care setting, we ensure that those we serve receive holistic, comprehensive care. The value of International Medical Corps’ integrated approach to community health and well-being and our emphasis on capacity building through training are critical for the long-term growth of ‘conflict and natural disaster-affected communities’ and ‘fragile states’.
International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global, nonprofit, humanitarian aid organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering by providing emergency medical services, as well as healthcare training and development programs, to those in great need. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, we are a private group with no political or religious affiliation. Our mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that strengthen underserved communities worldwide. With the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergencies no matter where in the world they occur, we offer medical assistance and training to people at the highest risk, always working to strengthen local healthcare systems and promote self-reliance.
The Nutrition Project Manager, will lead administrative tasks of planning, organizing, supervising, and implementation of a huge-sized nutrition program. The Nutrition Project Manager will mentor and supervise the Nutrition team to promote high quality nutrition implementation approaches. They will conduct various trainings on nutrition protocols, SMART surveys, and supportive supervision activities. They will perform assigned management duties closely working with other internal departments, to coordinate nutrition program activities.
This is a professional middle management position that works very closely with the Program Coordinator in Addis Ababa, with a focus on comprehensive implementation of nutrition project activities. The Nutrition Program Manager is a program team member who will fully participate in key decision making for the nutrition program. The role has a significant administrative focus on comprehensive planning and quality delivery of nutrition activities.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSABILITIES
- · Ensure quality and timely field level implementation of the Nutrition program (OTP and TSFP), against set objectives, targets, work plans.
- · Draft supervision guidelines to ensure quality delivery of Outpatient treatments for SAM and
- MAM in children under five years of age
- · Draft and review Malaria Consortium treatment protocols and ensuring that implementation is
- in accordance national guidelines
- · Conduct field assessments, identifying potential needs, designing, and implementing response plans.
- · Mentor and coach, the nutrition teams in treatment protocols, conducting supportive supervision, and provide refresher training on CMAM.
- · Coordinate with the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager on trainings and implementation for Nutrition Surveys (e.g., SMART, SQUEAC, KPC)
- · Support regular nutrition programme evaluations, rapid assessments identifying needs and making practical recommendations on to address them.
- · Enhance integration of nutrition activities with other key health programs and coordinate with the health communications officer on establishing strong BCC and outreach activities.
- · Facilitate the conducting of focus group discussions with relevant communities for feedback on programme activities.
- Project management
- · Lead the nutrition team and working with the Nutrition Programme Officer supervise nutrition program implementation.
- · Oversee nutrition job description reviews, recruitment, orientation, and performance reviews for the nutrition team.
- · Develop nutrition activity work plans based on the program annual work plan and implement activities in a timely manner.
- · Ensure that implementation of nutrition activities is well coordinated withal planned activities.
- · Coordinate with the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager in compiling monthly nutrition reports quarterly analysis trends and how to improve quality of reporting.
- · Coordinate with the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager to review nutrition reporting indicators and reporting tools.
- · Coordinate with the Logistics Manager to improve supply chain management and accountability for nutrition supplies.
- · In consultation with technical leads, contribute to development of nutrition project proposals and project budgets.
- · Provide role cover for the Programme Manager in their absence, or as requested by the Area Coordinator.
- · Participate in relevant coordination meetings, collaborate and build strong relationships with other implementing partners in Central Equatoria State
- · Support local program supervision visits from donors, MoH or authorities or any other relevant parties as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed in this document are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and not necessarily all inclusive.
International Medical Corps (IMC) Vacancy Announcement 2023
- Nutritionist with Advanced degree in public health or related discipline preferred.
- Demonstrated 3 years plus in program and budget management experience.
- Experience in conduction nutrition surveys (SMART surveys)
- High competency with Microsoft Excel, other packages such as ENA.
- Experience working with donor-funded project.
- Previous experience working in a developing country, particularly in either a nutrition or health program in a remote location.
- Excellent interpersonal and teambuilding skills
- Ability to work in a challenging environment with few support services.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication in English.
- Willingness to work in a remote area of South Sudan, with common incidences of insecurity, and basic amenities.
- Patience and flexibility when working with people.
- Knowledge in basic security & communications training
- Previous experience working in country office.
- Positive attitude
- Interest in capacity building
Travel Required: 20% of Time
Code of Conduct
As applicable to this position, an individual must promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the organization and maintain a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Staff are also responsible for preventing violations to our Code of Conduct and Ethics, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any violations to the Code of Conduct and Ethics or Safeguarding Policy, you have an obligation to report.
If this is a supervisory position, one must set an example of ethical behavior through one’s own conduct and oversight of the work of others; ensure that those who report to you have sufficient knowledge and resources to follow the standards outlined in the Code of Conduct & Ethics; monitor compliance of the people you supervise; enforce the Code of Conduct & Ethics and International Medical Corps’ policies, including the Safeguarding Policy and the Protection from Harassment, Bullying and Sexual Misconduct in the Workplace Policy, consistently and fairly; support employees who in good faith raise questions or concerns.
It is all staff shared responsibility and obligation to safeguard and protect populations with whom we work, including adults who may be particularly vulnerable and children. This includes safeguarding from the following conduct by our staff or partners: sexual exploitation and abuse; exploitation, neglect, or abuse of children, adults at risk, or LGBTI individuals; and any form of trafficking in persons.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT your CV or application to www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com website, it will not be considered for review.
International Medical Corps (IMC) Vacancy Announcement 2023
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter by clearly stating the position that you are applying for and CV at www.ethiojobs.net before April 20, 2023.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc. are all encouraged to apply.
For more vacancy alerts like this International Medical Corps (IMC) Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram