Nutrition Officer / Pool – Medical Teams International Vacancy Announcement, May 24 2023
Organization: Medical Teams International
Position: Nutrition Officer / Pool
Employment: Full time
Deadline: May 28, 2023
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
The main purpose of the job is to ensure integration of IYCF-E with overall Nutrition and Health services for vulnerable refugee and host populations in MTI operation in Ethiopia. This position will be responsible for ensuring adequate support of HC, HP, and communities where the project is located.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary point of contact between MTI and local beneficiaries involved in IYCF activities.
- Assist Government staff and lead mothers on counsel and strengthen the ECD/IYCF project in the OTP and SC sites and community level.
- Promote gender equity and equality through each level of nutrition activities.
- Plan with HEWs and other health workers working in Health posts to conduct complimentary feeding demonstrations for effective, sustainable, and efficient implementation of IYCF interventions.
- Actively participate in breast feeding corner establishment and effective implementation
- Sensitizes the community and HDAs on IYCF
- Will provide support from screening to discharge (admission, treatment, follow up and referral) to provide care to under five years old malnourished children and uncomplicated severe acute malnutrition cases.
- Ensure the appropriate referral system between SCs, OTPs TSFPs and IYCF
- Ensure the cards, GMP registration books and other necessary formats are filled in and documented properly.
- Ensure the IYCF coverage reaches above 60% for rural and above 70% for urban community and the other standard performance indicators are met appropriately.
- Perform another Other duty as required.
This position requires frequent travel to health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this position. Duties, responsibilities, and skills are also subject to change based on the changing needs of the job, department, or organization. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned; The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by Medical Teams International as the requirements of the job change.
Department: Nutrition (Program)
Workdays & Hours: Monday-Saturday, 40-48 hours/week, occasional weekends, and public holidays
Travel: Regular travel to field area
If Manager of Staff, Positions Supervised: (directly & indirectly) TBD
# Of Positions Supervised: N/A
- A minimum of Bachelor Science Degree in Nursing or Health Officer
- At least 3 years’ experience working at a PHC. 1 years’ experience managing operation of health services within NGO.
- Knowledge of development & humanitarian issues and concepts
- Fluent spoken and written Amharic and English.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations.
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Previous experience on IYCF related activities
- IYCF training would be an added value.
- Knowledge of the local language
- Analytical and problem-solving Computer literate, able to work efficiently in Microsoft office on standard or mobile platforms.
- Humanitarian motivation
- Emotionally and spiritually mature
- Team player – practical, desire to support the field teams.
- Willingness to pitch in and get the job done
- Understanding and sensitivity to cross cultural issues
- Flexible and adaptable to ever changing environments
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Able to build new relationships and gain people’s trust quickly
- Integrity in representing Medical Teams Willing to travel to insecure environments
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to embrace and promote MTI’s mission and vision.
- Ability to uphold and exemplify the organization’s core values.
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional manner to donors, volunteers, and the public.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who met the MINIMUM requirements should apply before May 28th, 2023
For more vacancy alerts like this Medical Teams International Vacancy, join us on Telegram