Pharmacist – Medical Teams International Vacancy Announcement, May 24 2023
Organization: Medical Teams International
Employment: Full time
Location: Adi Arkay
Deadline: May 27, 2023
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
To provide quality pharmaceutical and health care services for vulnerable Internally displaced people and host community in North Gonder, Ethiopia.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provide outpatient distribution of medications in line with the prescriptions/orders from the medical doctor and Ethiopian Government protocols, while maintaining universal infection control standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries’ health status
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the route, medication, side effects, dosing, and administration of any and all medication distributed to patient including needs for follow up or continued care pertaining to the medication
- Work with staff to ensure care and communication is culturally sensitive
- Support clinical leadership to enforce compliance with standard infection prevention and control guidelines
- Participate in the accurate clinical documentation and informing the MHNT Team Lead and Medical Coordinator as appropriate, about any problem or complication of the patients’ illness or medical error
- Support the MHNT Team Lead in monitoring the proper functioning of the clinic equipment, supplies, or pharmaceuticals
- Ensure patient confidentiality is respected at all times
- Support clinical leadership to provide training and mentoring to other clinical staff in dissemination of new knowledge or protocols
- Other duties as assigned
- Aiming to achieve the highest quality programming possible within the challenging context of North Gonder, Ethiopia
- Ensure all patients are treated based on the Guidelines of the Ministry of Health and the IMCI guidelines
- Ensure rational use of drugs such that only those essential for treatment are prescribed. Do not overprescribe.
- Provide compassionate and respectful care to all patients who present to the clinic
- Support other staff and colleagues to maintain good infection control practices to prevent spread of illnesses within the clinic and among the staff
- Support other areas of the clinic as requested or needed to ensure efficiency and quality of care to all
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment, disposing of waste and sharps appropriately
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
This position requires frequent travel to health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
NOTE: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this position. Duties, responsibilities, and skills are also subject to change based on the changing needs of the job, department, or organization. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by Medical Teams International as the requirements of the job change.
Report to (position): Team Leader
Location(s): Adi Arkay
Work Days & Hours: Monday-Saturday 48/week
Travel: West Gonder Zone Intervention Areas
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTFICATION
- BSc Degree in Pharmacy and certification required to work as a Pharmacist in Ethiopia.
- 2 years of professional experience after qualification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Self-motivated and Desire to serve others
- Respectful towards other cultures
- Able to establish relationships easily
- Team player
- Flexible under changing conditions
- Able to cope with basic working conditions
- Culturally aware and able to adjust
- Secure and at ease with professional skills
- Coaching/teaching skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Mentoring skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants who met the MINIMUM requirements should apply before May 27th, 2023
Email a cover letter and scanned copies of all relevant documents to Medical Teams International HR Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly write the position title you are applying for in the email subject line, “Pharmacist ”
All applications must include a CV and copies of all applicable educational and work experience documents to be considered valid. Applicants called for an interview will be required to produce the original and legally valid copies of all documents.
“We are an equal employment opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Courageous, Tenacious, Selfless and Not alone.”
Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.
For more vacancy alerts like this Medical Teams International Vacancy, join us on Telegram