SRH Counsellor – Marie Stopes International Ethiopia, March 2 2023
- Organization: Marie Stopes International Ethiopia
- Job Title: SRH Counsellor
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Experience Level: Junior level (2-4 years)
- Number of Position: 01
- Employment Type: Contract
- Salary: As per MSI Ethiopia Reproductive Choice Salary Scale
- Deadline Date: March 9, 2023
We want individuals who support our mission of eliminating unsafe abortion by 2030 and who work with us to build an enabling environment to increase access to safe services everywhere. We expect all team members to share our vision and commitment to achieving our mission whilst promoting equality and safeguarding the welfare of all clients and colleagues.
Under the leadership of the Senior Marketing and Communication Officer, the Social Behavior Change and Communications Specialist plays a critical role in executing MSI Ethiopia Reproductive Choices’ mission through developing effective behavior change and communication strategy and tools targeting key populations, Donors, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Serves as the contact person for clients who are willing to give feedbacks about MSIE services through the call Centre and works with relevant departments to address the feedbacks.
- Makes outbound telephone calls by ensuring clients are willing to speak at that moment and clearly introduces the purpose of the call; level of satisfaction, feedbacks, and complaints.
- Handles inbound calls about MSIE services
- Receives calls from clients in effective, professional and caring manner and provides technical advice to callers when the need arise;
- Understands the need of the caller and responds appropriately and in caring manner.
- Provides/receives all information that is required/provided by the caller/callee with regard to the MSIE family planning and reproductive health service provision.
- Guides client in the FP services provided by MSIE through clinics, social franchising and outreach program if needed further visit after service.
- Listens actively the clients questions and inquiries, question and grievances appropriately for clarity of client interest and need, and provide feedback to the need as appropriate or forward to the appropriate departments.
- Provides individualized customer service of high-standard professional level.
- Works as a team with the call Centre staff to better serve the clients through providing MSIE family planning services.
- Directs the feedbacks/complaints to the MSIE FP service delivery points or higher unit based on the type of feedbacks collected.
- Collects, compiles and reports feedbacks and complaints from social media
- Transfers the caller to call Centre clinical officer for any clinical oriented queries.
- Develops and maintains a friendly conversation with caller and keep the client’s information confidential.
- Reports to relevant unit if a caller/callee complains regarding safeguarding and misappropriate conducts with utmost care for confidentiality.
Qualification and Experience:
- Diploma or BSC in Nursing, Health Officer or other related fields
- Four years’ experience for diploma and two years’ experience for degree
Skills, Attitudes and Attributes
- Ability to understand as well as grasp basic client’s information.
- Ability to cope up with difficult client’s situations.
- Capacity and knowledge to analyse the client problem properly and provide logical solutions.
- Good communication, client service, interpersonal and basic computer skills.
- High oral and written communication skills in local language (Amharic plus either Afan Oromo, Tigrigna and other languages
- Understanding of the issues surrounding provision of reproductive health care services
- Good interpersonal/communication skills – both oral and written
- Strong personal commitment to the goals of MSI and to put it into practice
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should mail only their motivation letter and C.V, within ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to: We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to down load the job application form from https://www.mariestopes.org.et/join-our-team/ and email to Humanresource@mariestopes.org.et
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position and workplace you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MSI ETHIOPIA REPRODUCTIVE CHOICES STRONGLY ENCOURAGE FEMALE CANDIDATES TO APPLY!
For more vacancy alerts for Ethiopia Health Professionals like this Marie Stopes International Ethiopia Vacancy, Join us on Telegram