Roha Medical Campus plc Vacancy Announcement, March 15, 2023
Organization: Roha Medical Campus plc
Position: Laboratory Equipment Specialist
Employment: Full Time
Location: Addis Ababa
Experience Level: Junior Level (3-5 years)
Number of Positions: 1
Date of Announcement: March 14, 2023
Deadline: March 26, 2023
About Roha Medical Campus PLC
Roha Medical Campus PLC (RMC) is building an integrated health campus in Addis Ababa. When complete, it will provide world-class, high-quality, affordable healthcare across multiple hospitals and facilities. The campus will include a medical school and facilities for research and innovation. It will be set in a lush, green setting, built to the highest sustainability standards, and with a beautiful urban park open to the public. Development of the campus has begun, and the first hospital is already under construction
Location: This role is based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Timing: April 2023
Remuneration: Salary is competitive and will depend on applicant’s background and experience.
About the role
Roha is seeking a Medical Laboratory Equipment specialist to support the operations team in the successful completion of Roha Medical Campus in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Act as focal point and subject matter expert for the consultant team and proactively engage with relevant stakeholders to execute operational demand.
- Develop a comprehensive medical laboratory equipment list.
- Prepare and organize detailed product specification.
- Clearly state any additional accessories to make the main unit fully functional.
- Develop BOQ for laboratory equipment.
- Prepare and organize list of consumable and reagent needed for laboratory department.
- Communicate with different suppliers or consultants to get a quote.
- Provide comparison chart for each product between different manufacturers.
- Perform a comprehensive medical laboratory equipment budgeting.
- Provide pre & post purchase product evaluation of the equipment.
- Conduct market analysis on supplier’s local presence; and check the availability of technical support and quality of service.
- Collaborate with the consultant and the operator for medical laboratory equipment and vendor selection.
- Follow equipment tendering process and issue purchasing orders to receive respective Proforma Invoice (PFI).
- Assure equipment engineering instructions conform to safety, environmental and quality standards as applicable to local and international standards.
- Support customs clearance inspection process as needed. Engage in the procurement of medical laboratory equipment to be purchased by RMC; this includes monitoring costs and lead time, facilitating clearance and having the equipment delivered to the project site.
- Coordinate, schedule, and execute objective based system training; monitor and report on training outcomes.
- Assist in the procurement of parts required for the refurbishment of components.
- Provide periodic progress update.
- Take on other related tasks and responsibilities as needed to ensure the overall success of the project and the operation.
Successful applicants have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, strong and effective leadership skill, organizational skills with ability to track goal achievement, ability to manage a budget, are flexible and imaginative, are high-energy, persistent, self-starters, are Good communicators in writing and verbally, and will preferably have a proven track record of delivering on complex projects in challenging environments. Applicants could demonstrate this by having:
- BSc degree in medical laboratory technology, pharmaceutical / public health supplies management or related fields with 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge and comprehensive understanding of Ethiopia’s public health and medical laboratory and/or pharmaceutical sector and long-term working experience in Ethiopia is preferred.
- Previous experience and required skills must include technical experience in large operations involving high-pressure systems or fluid / chemical processing and transfer systems.
- Background in reading and interpreting engineering drawings, parts lists and technical specifications is a plus.
- Ability to make determinations concerning chemical / material compatibility and technical writing experience.
- Experience in healthcare projects or operations is a plus.
- Excellent and effective communicator, both oral and written, with internal and external stakeholders.
- English and Amharic fluency is a must.
- Experience working in Ethiopia is a must.
How to Apply
- Please send a detailed resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
- Roha Group Inc and its affiliate companies are equal opportunity employers and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. Roha is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Roha are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to gender, race, color, religion or belief, family, parental status, etc., and Roha encourages candidates of all ages to apply.
For more vacancy alerts like this Roha Medical Campus PLC Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram