Roha Medical Campus plc Vacancy Announcement, March 15, 2023
Organization: Roha Medical Campus plc
Position: Human Resources for Health Specialist (HRH Specialist)
Location: Addis Ababa
Experience Level: Senior Level (5-10 years)
Number of Positions: 1
Date of Announcement: March 13, 2023
Deadline: March 26, 2023
Roha Medical Campus PLC (RMC) is building an integrated health campus in Addis Ababa. When complete, it will provide world- class, high-quality, affordable healthcare across multiple hospitals and facilities. The campus will include a medical school and facilities for research and innovation. It will be set in a lush, green setting, built to the highest sustainability standards, and with a beautiful urban park open to the public. Development of the campus has begun, and the first hospital is already under construction
Location: This role is based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Timing: March 2023
Reporting: This position reports to the VP of Strategy and Clinical Development.
Remuneration: Salary is competitive and will depend on applicant’s background and experience.
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 2 Years with possibility of extension
About the role
Roha is seeking HRH Specialist, to support the operations team in the Human Resources strategy planning and implementation. This role will provide strategic direction, technical leadership, and oversight to the health workforce planning and management by the operator including job analysis, recruitment, training and development, leadership and governance, and workforce performance improvement.
- Oversee the implementation of evidence-based human resource planning, recruitment, deployment, and retention practices, in accordance with local and international health workforce regulations.
- Ensure adequate staff with appropriate training are onboarded in the Medical and Clinical Departments to deliver quality service.
- Ensure procedures for proper orientation and induction practices are in place.
- Ensure performance standards and criteria are set for the medical and non-medical staff.
- Ensure proper performance management system is in place including evaluation, continuous monitoring, and reviewing for performance improvement.
- Develop or refine locally contextualized job description of the overall hospital staff including senior clinicians alongside the operator.
- Support the development, adaptation and local contextualization of procedures for talent acquisition, compensation and employee benefits, training and development, compliance, and workplace safety.
- Ensure systems, procedures and human resources required for hospital operation are in place upon hospital launch.
- Assist the operator and RMC in the formulation of the human resources budget and staffing plans.
- Support the operator in the development of HR strategy, planning and implementation.
- Assist the operator in the development and implementation of staff training and continued professional development programs that are in accordance with the rules and regulation of Ethiopia.
- Support the process to obtain work permits, licenses, and applications for all staff.
- Support the development of employment contracts.
- Take on other related tasks and responsibilities as needed to ensure the overall company success.
Successful applicants have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, think at a superior intellectual level, are flexible and imaginative, are high-energy, persistent, self-starters, are good communicators in writing and verbally, and have a proven track record of managing hospitals, preferably as a medical director.
- Medical doctor with master’s degree in public health or related field.
- Five or more years’ work experience working in Human Resource for Health.
- Experience in management training is a plus.
- Strong understanding of local and international health services; and patient safety regulations, standards and protocols.
- Fluent in English and Amharic.
How to Apply
- Please send a detailed resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more vacancy alerts like this Roha Medical Campus PLC Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram