Health Field Officer 2 – The International Committee of the Red Cross Delegation Vacancy Announcement, February 24 2023
Organization: The International Committee of the Red Cross Delegation
Position: Health Field Officer 2
Location: Mekelle, Tigray
Deadline: March 2, 2023
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information, visit website: https://www.icrc.org/
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of Health Field Officer 2 (9 months fixed term contract), based in Mekelle.
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports in implementing, assessing and monitoring activities in Awash Hospital project in cooperation with the ICRC hospital team, with special focus on strengthening the capacity of the clinical departments, hence operation theatre, sterilization, wards, physiotherapy area, the IPC file and pharmacies.
- Liaises with the supporting departments and with the Hospital Administrative Assistant for the continuum of support for supply management and for the adherence to the national and ICRC protocols.
- Ensures proper management of information collected and appropriate, relevant reporting, producing minutes, statistics and updating data using specialized tools.
- Interprets at meetings and translates documents into local languages.
- Assists and/or organizes meetings, seminars, training sessions and workshops.
- Liaises and builds networks with local stakeholders to facilitate communication on and coordination of activities, thereby ensures more efficient implementation of health programs.
Assistance to the Hospital Project Manager (HPM) and Medical Surgical Team (MST)
- Assesses the technical and clinical needs of the hospital and suggests appropriate solutions.
- Supports in the data collection, reporting and organization of the patient triaging.
- Participates to ward rounds, follows up and monitors if surgical management is in accordance with the ICRC protocol and updates the patient plan according to the physicians indications.
- Monitors drug usage in accordance with the ICRC protocol and shares data with the ICRC Ward Nurse, Hospital Administrative Assistant and HPM.
- Monitors x-ray, laboratory and blood product requests.
- Contributes to fostering a positive relationship between Awash and ICRC teams.
- Assesses patients who shall have Protection, Nutrition or Physiotherapy concerns, reporting to the HPM for further referral.
- Assists the HPM in designing and implementing health strategies with explaining local health policies and practices.
Data collection and analysis
- Responsible for the collection and the processing of all medical data related to the hospital program, as well as weekly and monthly monitoring tools.
- Analyses all collected medical data and shares the results with the HPM.
- Supports and trains Awash Hospital staff on data collection and reports as part of continuous training whilst establishes the sense of ownership of the hospital program among the staff.
- Keeps medical confidentiality of all patient information and ensures the respect of this rule by all staff.
Responsible for the pharmacy imprest implementation within the supported departments, coordinating with the store focal points and the ICRC Hospital Administrative Assistant.
- Supports the Hospital Administrative Assistant in the formulation of supply requests when required.
- Responsible for the collection and the processing of all required pharmacy management data and the overview of the main quality tools implementation.
- Responsible for the training schedule together with ICRC and Awash training focal points.
- Supports training materials according to the WHO, ICRC and national guidelines.
- Performs Infection Prevention and Control assessment regularly and analyses training gaps accordingly.
- Supports the admin team of both Awash and ICRC regarding to training arrangement, e.g., venue, stationery, print out, etc.
- Follows the attendance of the training sessions and the financial procedure for incentives (if any).
- Supports the HPM in the routine Admission Book registrations.
- Prepares the Weekly Operational Report (WOR) on the hospital activities and shares with the HPM.
- Contributes to monthly medical activity data (MAD) and quarterly technical reports.
- Contributes to monitoring for result (MfR).
- Contributes to the Health annual planning exercise.
- Writes Minutes of Meetings.
- Updates the Team Space elements accordingly with relevant documentation.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicates and collaborates with the ICRC Medical Surgical Team and Awash teams, including the heads of department of the targeted areas, IPC and waste management coordinators, to ensure an optimal coordination of the work and the proper flow of information.
- Coordinates with all the other ICRC departments in Mekelle and in Addis Ababa following the lines of communication accordingly.
- University degree in Medicine (medical doctor) or a degree in Nursing, or a degree in BSc. Public Health (Health Officer) with public health background (required)
- Fluent knowledge of English (written and spoken), Tigrigna and Amharic
- Computer literacy
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in similar field
- Experience in health management and surgical patient management are strong assets.
- Experience working in humanitarian context (NGO’s/ humanitarian organizations) an added value
How to Apply
Electronic application can be made ONLY through the ethiojobs.net website. Alternatively, you can submit application & CV with copies of relevant documents in person to Mekelle Sub delegation.
Closing date: March 2, 2023
Women applicants and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted at all stages of the selection process.
For more vacancy alerts like this The International Committee of the Red Cross Delegation Vacancy Announcement, join us on Telegram