Biomedical and Quality Assurance Specialist
Job By: Mahibere Hiwot for Social Development (MSD)
- Job Title: Biomedical and Quality Assurance Specialist
- Location: Bahir Dar
- Experience Level: Mid level(4 years)
- Number of Position: 01
- Employment Type:
- Deadline Date: March 6, 2023
Mahibere Hiwot for Social Development (MSD) is a non-governmental and non-profit making organization founded in October 1999. Since its establishment, MSD has been implementing different programs in collaboration with partners on providing broad range of HIV prevention, care and treatment services and Sexual and Reproductive health (SRH), Migration & Trafficking, Good Governance, Education and Child Development in different parts of the country.
MSD is a child safe organization and all successful applicants will be required to sign the Safeguarding Code of Conduct. The safety and wellbeing of children and at-risk adults are priorities of MSD. The organization provides a safe environment in all its programs and activities. It has strong recruitment procedures to make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in its programmes.
MSD is looking for qualified and competent applicants for the following position:-
The Quality Assurance/ Improvement (QA/QI) Coordinator is responsible to develop, implements and coordinates and facilitates the Quality Assurance, Management and Improvement comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment services. This position is responsible for all aspects of planning, developing and evaluating all the HIV prevention and treatment services for key population. This incumbent will have the responsibility of developing and implementing policies and procedures to ensure clients are provided with quality care.
- Plans, develops and evaluates the effectiveness of quality management and improvement programs for HIV prevention and treatment services. Collaborate and work together with other program staff to ensure ongoing effectiveness of quality clinical services.
- Identify the more complex systems and organizational difficulties hindering the accomplishment of HIV prevention, care and treatment service objectives and determining procedures to be followed in implementing appropriate programs/ systems. Implements new programs/systems or updates to assure the delivery of quality services.
- Facilitate the development of a continuous Quality Improvement plan to include but not be limited to; methodology, philosophy, general approach with a defined of time, specific indicators, and with referenced policies and procedures.
- S/he will support Data Quality Assurance (DQA) and other performance measurement exercises.
- Develops and updates Quality Assurance/Quality Management/Quality Improvement policies and procedures for the MULU KP Project.
- Review and update the programme quality improvement protocol as indicated
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of the program quality management plan
- Provide technical support to project sites in developing and implementing clinical quality improvement activities in all drop-in centers.
- Ensure documentation and dissemination of quality improvement and best practices at both central and project site level
- S/he ensures comprehensive data analysis to identify areas for improvement across project intervention towns
Qualification and Experience:
- Educational Background
- Advanced BSC/MPH degree in public health, Nursing, Health Care administration or a related field from recognized University.
- NGO experience is more advantageous
- At least 4 years of experience in health care settings with minimum two years of experience in quality Assurance/Improvement.
- Full-time professional experience in developing long-term quality assurance goals, priorities, and performance standards applicable to community based care programs.
Knowledge and Technical Skills:
- Knowledge and practices of quality management, quality improvement and quality assurance principles in public health care setting.
- Theories and techniques of qualitative evaluation, data analysis, and organization and management analysis.
- Development and implementation of QA/QM/QI principles
- Planning , organization and prioritization
- Analytical problem solving
- Interpersonal communication skills;
How to Apply
- Qualified and interested applicants should submit their application letter accompanied by briefed CV not more than 3 pages and non-returnable copies of all other testimonies within 7 working days of this advertisement..
- Following addresses in Person or by physical presence can submit CV with credentials to MSD Bahir Dar office.
- MSD BahirDar Off. Shimbt Sub City, Keble 13, immediate back of ANRS Bureau of Education (adjust to ICAP or in front of MEDA offices). Tele 058, 209256; email@example.com
- Note: Only short listed applicants would be communicated for examination;
- MSD would provide exam.in approperiate venue & applicants will take examiniation by thier own expenses.