Nutritionist 2 – The International Committee of the Red Cross Delegation Vacancy Announcement, February 24 2023
Organization: The International Committee of the Red Cross Delegation
Position: Nutritionist 2
Location: Mekelle, Tigray
Deadline: March 6, 2023
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information, visit website: https://www.icrc.org/
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of Nutritionist 2 (12 months fixed term contract), based in Mekelle.
The Nutritionist 2 Field Officer works with the Nutrition Delegate to assess, plan, implement and monitor the Economic Security (EcoSec) Unit’s nutrition activities in Mekele SD, specifically at Awash Military Hospital.
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with Nutrition Delegate other Nutrition Field Officer(s) and the EcoSec team to identify nutrition needs at Awash MH and its satellite campuses.
- Supports the implementation of nutrition activities at Awash MH and its satellite campuses: nutrition programme for adults, support to hospital kitchens, food chain analysis.
- Conducts regular supportive supervision visits to Awash MH and its satellite campuses to support hospital nutritionists – through on the job training – to run nutrition activities with high quality of care (reaching SPHERE minimum standards)
- Supervises screening for acute malnutrition at ward level (MUAC assessments); trains hospital nutritionists and health staff on anthropometric measurements
- Collects monitoring data from hospital sites and enters data into the database
- Collects information on challenges and reports these to the Nutrition Delegate in regular reports
- Overviews stock therapeutic food at programmes sites and optimises stock follow to avoid any stock outs.
- Supports documentation of donations of food and other items to Awash MH authorities; including raising of and follow up of SRs, donation certificates, etc.
- In collaboration with the Nutrition Delegate facilitates trainings on nutrition for Awash medical and nutrition staff.
- Supports (multi-disciplinary) assessments, identifies needs and contributes to planning and implementation of new programmes and ongoing monitoring of existing programmes.
- Supports the drafting of assessment reports including data analysis and presents results and recommendations if needed
- If needed may support other nutrition activities outside of Awash MH with travelling to field sites in Mekele SD AoR
- Support other EcoSec teams in selected activities (assessments, field work) if need
- Provides administrative support.
- Ensures transparent financial accounting of programme. i.e. Working Advances, volunteer costs, transport.
- Follows up on all work-related messages and correspondence with the relevant contacts and departments
- Is aware of the sub-delegation’s objectives and has a good knowledge of the Movement and other contacts relevant to the position
- Collects and shares information so as to improve the ICRC’s understanding of the environment and humanitarian trends and responses
- Represents the ICRC in an appropriate way during activities, in meetings and in the field, and avoids any activity that may reflect negatively on the ICRC’s image
- Takes responsibility for their own professional learning and development
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description
- Bachelor`s degree in nutritional science or public health, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience implementing nutrition programmes at community and health facility level
- Experience in CMAM
- Experience in nutrition surveys and food security assessments
- Strong experience in facilitation of trainings to beneficiaries
- Proven analytical, communication/ negotiation skills and ability to think strategically
- Experience in report writing
- Advanced proficiency in the use of MS Office
- Good command (spoken and written) of English, Amharic and Tigrigna
- Willingness to travel up to 75% of the time
How to Apply
Electronic application can be made ONLY through the ethiojobs.net website. Alternatively, you can submit application & CV with copies of relevant documents in person to Mekelle Sub delegation.
Closing date: March 6, 2023
Women applicants and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted at all stages of the selection process
For more vacancy alerts like this The International Committee of the Red Cross Delegation Vacancy Announcement, join us on Telegram