Grant Manager – Ethiopian Midwives Association Vacancy Announcement, September 1 2023
Organization: Ethiopian Midwives Association
Position: Grant Manager
Location: EMwA Head Office, Addis Ababa
Employment: Full time
Deadline: September 13, 2023
Ethiopian Midwives Association (EMwA) is a legally registered, autonomous, and not-for-profit professional association established in 1992 and re-registered under the new civil society proclamation. Ethiopian Midwives Association (EMwA) operates in all regions of Ethiopia by using and works for the quality of midwifery education and care. EMwA has been a member of the International Confederation of Midwives (ICM) since 1993.
The primary goal of EMwA is to contribute towards the reduction of maternal and child mortality and morbidity in Ethiopia, which are the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) global initiatives. The vision of the association is to see every woman, newborn, and their family has access to standard midwifery care. The mission of the association is to promote and enhance the expansion, performance and status of midwifery profession through adapting quality and evidence-based practices; adhering to the code of ethics and conduct empowering the professionals.
Under the supervision of the Manager, Members Affairs & Resource Mobilization Department, the Grant Management Officer is responsible for developing proposals for obtaining grants, liaises with donors to secure grants and assist and follow up efficient and effective utilization of grants.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop a sound concept notes and proposals to secure grants,
- Liaises with potential donors to search for opportunities to secure grants,
- Managing and supporting the grants requirement and implementation for the organization,
- Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process,
- Perform relevant research to identify available grant opportunities and evaluate the results,
- Directly involve in grant writing and development of proposals to secure grants,
- Follow up for effective and authentic funding opportunities having a lawful registration and proven track record,
- Oversee if the grants are implemented according to the operational and financial needs of the organization,
- Keep the relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities,
- Analyze the budget trends and make recommendations for cost control and reduction for various grants,
- Provide detailed reports to the concerned bodies with respect to the organization’s progress,
- Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programs,
- Develop and maintain processes for grant and contract management; ensuring they remain applicable to current donor requirements,
- Proactively manage grant and contract performance, working with colleagues to identifying risks and minimize them
- Support and follow up efficient and effective utilization of grants
- Ensure compliance with the rules and regulations administered by the grantor; oversee special audits conducted by grantor.
- Perform functions of financial administration and reporting to include, but not limited to: preparation and timely submission of grant applications and reports, development and adjustment of associated budgets, coordination of budgeted funds, screening and processing requests for expenditures and ensuring the timely application for reimbursement from the state.
- Serve as a liaison with principals and other departments on issues regarding grants.
- Monitor interventions and programs funded by grants to ensure compliance with grantor guidelines.
- Perform evaluation of the fiscal administration of grant programs.
- Conduct the preparation and timely submission of grant applications, application amendments, and budget transfers.
- Perform other duties assigned to him /her by the immediate supervisor.
Department: Membership & Resource Mobilization Department
Reports to: Deputy Executive Director
Additional instruction from: Executive Director
Location: EMwA HO, Addis Ababa
Grade Level: X
Job Category: Professional
- MSc in Midwifery, MPH, Maternity, Public Health, Health Informatics/Economics, Nursing, Project Management and other related studies with background of Midwifery.
- 3/6yrs of related experience. Experience in I/NGO environment is advantageous. Extensive knowledge and experience in managing partnership and grants from UN agencies and government organizations like FMOH and regional health office is a benefit.
- Computer Training Certificate
- Project /Program Management training Certificate is an added value
Competencies/ Personal attributes
- Demonstrate commitment to the vision, mission, core values, aims and principles of EMwA, including equal opportunity, gender sensitivity.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and foster trust and respect.
- Self-motivated and highly organized, detail oriented
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure.
- Exhibit a desire to support a large number of people
- Strong team leader and team player
- Good communication skill
- Good facilitation and coordination skills
- Knowledge of Program /Project Management, M&E, Budget Management
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience pulling grants of multiple funding organizations
- Strong MS office and the ability to use new technologies
- Accuracy and preciseness
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Amharic
Desired Criteria (An Asset)
- Knowledge of MS Project software
- Business Management understanding is advantageous
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their applications through this https://emwa.org.et/application-form/ .Please attached your CV and Application letter in one page PDF indicating your full name. Applications should include contact details of three professional references.
A cover letter / application letter (not more than one page)
A CV (not more than 4 pages)
A one-page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process. Refer the vacancy announcement while doing this.
Please DO NOT SUBMIT scanned copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with your application. You will provide them upon request.
Please, indicate the position/title applied for in your cover letter.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
Only qualified applicants will be short listed and contacted.
All travel and/or recruitment related the applicant should cover costs
For more vacancy alerts like this Ethiopian Midwives Association Vacancy Announcement, join us on Telegram