Program Assistant – Ethiopian Midwives Association Vacancy Announcement, September 1 2023
Organization: Ethiopian Midwives Association
Position: Program Assistant
Location: EMwA Head Office, Addis Ababa
Employment: Full time
Deadline: September 13, 2023
Ethiopian Midwives Association (EMwA) is a legally registered, autonomous, and not-for-profit professional association established in 1992 and re-registered under the new civil society proclamation. Ethiopian Midwives Association (EMwA) operates in all regions of Ethiopia by using and works for the quality of midwifery education and care. EMwA has been a member of the International Confederation of Midwives (ICM) since 1993.
The primary goal of EMwA is to contribute towards the reduction of maternal and child mortality and morbidity in Ethiopia, which are the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) global initiatives. The vision of the association is to see every woman, newborn, and their family have access to standard midwifery care. The mission of the association is to promote and enhance the expansion, performance and status of midwifery profession through adapting quality and evidence-based practices; adhering to the code of ethics and conduct empowering the professionals.
The Program Assistant reports to the Project Coordinators / Project Managers & MERL manager and is responsible for facilitating Project activities and closely work with program staff at office level. S/he assists in preparation of project/program implementation plans, budgets and carryout proper implementation of the project/program. The Program Assistant facilitate and handles all the logistic and financial matters in related to trainings and /workshops and other program /project activities.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in preparation of project/program implementation plans, budgets and carry out proper implementation of the project/program pertinent to the responsibility
- Provide technical and professional support to program area to ensure quality and appropriateness of project/program intervention as well as ensure its sustainability
- Facilitate different trainings and workshops (facilitate invitation letter, hotel reservation and payments) at office level
- Handling all the logistic and financial matters in related to trainings and /workshops.
- Work with program staffs on a range of tasks aimed at strengthening the program area’s projects/programs.
- Prepare training materials, proceedings, posters, etc. as deemed necessary
- Take responsibility in organizing and updating the necessary information and program of the teaching institutions and the affiliated health facilities
- Be involved in updating the data of midwives, students, teaching institutions and health facilities as needed
- Take a responsibility of the coordination and management of projects/programs
- Cooperate with other project/program and finance staffs in implementing the day to day activities of the project as planned
- Take a full responsibility of managing the timely availability and proper handling of training materials as of office and at field level.
- Facilitate duplication of training materials
- Manage and follow up the proper handling of materials
- Do other activities as per the need of the organization and guidance from the supervisor.
Department: Program Management Department
Reports to: Project Coordinators / Project Managers & MERL manager
Location: EMwA Head Office, Addis Ababa
Working condition: Majority of the work is at office level and limited field work
Duration: One year
Job Category: Professional
- BSc in Midwifery & health related fields, OR BA in Management, Accounting, Business Administration or other related fields.
- 3/5 years’ related experience.
- Experience in I/NGO environment is advantageous.
- Experience in program coordination and logistic facilitation
- Computer Training Certificate
Competencies/ Technical skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and work under pressure
- Good planning and prioritizing skills;
- Demonstrable professionalism and facilitation abilities;
Competencies/ Personal attributes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and foster trust and respect.
- Self-motivated, highly organized and detail oriented
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure.
- Exhibit a desire to support a large number of people
- Strong team player
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Amharic
Desired Criteria (An Asset)
- Knowledge of MS Project software
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their applications through this https://emwa.org.et/application-form/ .Please attached your CV and Application letter in one page PDF indicating your full name. Applications should include contact details of three professional references.
A cover letter / application letter (not more than one page)
A CV (not more than 4 pages)
A one-page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process. Refer the vacancy announcement while doing this.
Please DO NOT SUBMIT scanned copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with your application. You will provide them upon request.
Please, indicate the position/title applied for in your cover letter.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
Only qualified applicants will be short listed and contacted.
All travel and/or recruitment related the applicant should cover costs
For more vacancy alerts like this Ethiopian Midwives Association Vacancy Announcement, join us on Telegram