Deputy Project Coordinator – Humedica e.v Vacancy Announcement, September 11 2023
Organization: Humedica e.v
Position: Deputy Project Coordinator
Location: Borena, Yabello
Deadline: September 15, 2023
Humedica e.V is German based International NGO registered in Ethiopia in February 2010 and re-registered on July 8, 2019 with registry No. 1605 as foreign Charity. Currently, Humedica e.V, Borena Project is looking for a qualified Deputy Project Coordinator.
- Manage and coordinate overall project activities in the area.
- Support subordinates in facilitating trainings/workshops in the field and in supervising the humedica capacity-building component for medical staff in the area;
- Participate in interagency meetings at project area level and communicate relevant information to the humanitarian Coordinator;
- Take part in impact monitoring of humedica activities implemented;
- Organize and follow up health data collection, documentation, analysis and reporting in collaboration with project coordinator and health posts staff.
- Maintaining and updating health and other project-related data, and preparing necessary reports as required by direct supervisor;
- Monitor and verify cash book prepared by the Finance and Admin assistant before reporting
- Direct supervision of staff, employee evaluation, initiated disciplinary contact and performing other coordination/ managerial tasks when the coordinator in unavailable
- Ensure that appropriate security guidelines are communicated, adhered to, and regularly reviewed with the Project Coordinator and Country Office;
- Ensure timely and accurate security / incident case reporting to the Project Coordinator and Country Office;
- Prepare reports and ensure the timeliness and accuracy of information provided, as well ensuring confidentiality of sensitive information;
- Serve as a role model at all times, personally embodying humedica’s mission and values, whilst helping to ensure that humedica’s code of conduct, policies and standards are understood by all and adhered to in practice.
Place of Work: Borena, Yabello
Term of Employment: Contract for one year with possibility of extension.
Salary: Based on the organization scale
- BSC/MPH degree in the field of Nutrition or Public Health from recognized University/College.
- a minimum of seven years for BSC or Five Years for MSC holders.
- Experience in humanitarian organization specifically in nutrition project desirable.
- Experience of developing and successfully implementing health related projects is desirable
- Project management experience is mandatory
- At least 3 years middle level management experience in relief and development programs
- Strong skills and experience in all aspects of programme development, including programme/project monitoring, review and evaluation, report and proposal writing.
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically.
- A strong personal commitment to the values, principles and organization strategy of humedica;
- Strong sense of personal integrity; team work spirit.
- Experience in management of/in a primary hospital or health center
Language skills: fluency and good command of Amharic and English and at least one local language (Oromifa/Somali/Konso)
- Other Skills:
- Experience and excellence in health data collection methods, analysis and reporting.
- Capable of experience of taking over supervisory functions, empathy, patience and coordination skill.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and communications English skills;
- Excellent networking and representation skills at high-level events, meetings and forums;
- Ability to run multiple task under stressful condition.
How to Apply
Interview: Only Qualified applicants will be invited for written exam and interview.
Testimonials: Interested applicants who meet the above-mentioned requirements can send their non-returnable application, CV and copy of their credentials to:
Humedica Ethiopia, P.O.Box 19700 or through email address mentioned below
Application Deadline: 07 consecutive days after date of announcement.
For more vacancy alerts like this Humedica e.v Vacancy Announcement, join us in Telegram