Nutrition Officer – Humedica e.v Vacancy Announcement, September 11 2023
Organization: Humedica e.v
Position: Nutrition Officer
Deadline: September 15, 2023
Humedica e.V is German based International NGO registered and licensed in Ethiopia in February 2010. Currently, Humedica Borena Project is looking for a qualified Nutrition Officer.
- Conduct Health Service readiness and availability Assessment for Health facilities in the project areas.
- Counseling patients on dietary issues and healthy eating habits
- Identify beneficiaries who are severely affected by nutrition and link with the treatment center.
- Assessing beneficiaries of the project nutritional and health needs
- Creating educational material about healthy eating habits
- Conduct supportive supervision in collaboration with Zonal health Office.
- Facilitate implementation of Health system strengthening project in the target woreda according to the detail implementation plan in alignment with donor and government requirements.
- Facilitate training of Health extension workers and roll out of the training to Health Development Army and Community leaders together with woreda Health office.
- Monitor and collect data of project implementation regularly and report the progress and challenges and lessons learned to the Field office coordinator.
- A complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities will be provided to the incumbent upon recruitment.
Place of Work: Borena/Moyalle/Konso
Term of Employment: for one year with possibility of extension.
Salary: Based on the organization scale
- BSC degree and above from recognized University/College in the field of Nutrition, Public Health or Nursing.
- A minimum of Five years’ experience (Experience in humanitarian organization is desirable) with at least two years’ experience in nutritional projects.
- Experience of working in the government health care system specifically on primary health unit.
- fluency and good command of Amharic and English and at least speaking one local language (Oromiffa/Somali/Konso)
- Capable of experience of taking over supervisory functions, empathy, patience
Interpersonal Skills requirements:
- Ability to work harmoniously with the team.
- Experience in nutrition project
- Experience and excellence in health data collection methods, analysis and reporting.
- Capable of experience of taking over supervisory functions, empathy, patience and coordination skill.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and communications English skills;
- Excellent networking and representation skills at high-level events, meetings and forums;
How to Apply
Interview: Only Qualified applicants will be invited for interview.
Testimonials: Interested applicants who meet the above-mentioned requirements can send their non-returnable application, CV and copy of their credentials to:
Humedica Ethiopia, Email: Humedicaeth2020@gmail.com or P.O.Box 19700
For more vacancy alerts like this Humedica e.v Vacancy Announcement, join us in Telegram