Admission & Discharge Officer – Addis Ababa Silk Road General Hospital Vacancy Announcement, August 15 2023
Organization: Addis Ababa Silk Road General Hospital
Position: Admission & Discharge Officer
Location: Addis Ababa
Employment: Full Time
Deadline: August 25, 2023
- Provide cost estimates of hospitalization to patients.
- Coordinate with admitting doctors in completing per-admission requirements prior to sending patients to the ward for admission.
- Ensure that patients make substantial deposits before admission as per set guidelines.
- Obtain per authorization guarantees from insurance companies for planned admissions.
- Allows the patient to sign the admission consent and financial agreement before validating admission.
- Maintain accurate patient bill records.
- Facilitate the timely settlement of bills for discharged patients.
- Assist personnel in the billing department by providing them pertinent information that will help them carry out accurate billing process.
- Explain to patients the hospital regulations before admission.
- Liaise with ward in charges to ensure that at the time of admission there are rooms available.
- Inform the nurse/Supervisors or relevant people of any canceled and or alternatives procedures.
- Carry out ward rounds every morning to ascertain patients likely to be discharged.
- Liaise with ward billing officer to counter check the discharged patient’s bill.
- Check the accuracy of patients bills paying special attention to problematic areas such as consultant’s fees, returned drugs, multiple and abnormal billings.
- Ensure that all bills are signed by the credit patients to acknowledge their accuracy and acceptance of amounts.
- Liaise with Cashiers to ensure that cash patients leave the hospital after paying for their bills in full.
- Follow up any cases to ensure that their bills are processed in timely manner
- Update the discharge register in order to track all discharges on a daily basis
- Managing any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Location : Silk Road Hospital
Minimum Specification Requirement
Educational Qualification & Work Experience
- BSC/ in Nursing or Public Health with license.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as admission and discharge office at private hospital.
Knowledge & Skill requirements
- Have good communication skill.
- Have some computer skills.
- Language: Fluent in English (oral & written)
- Knowledge in accounting is preferable.
- The working condition is regular hour.
How to Apply