WASH Intern – UNICEF Vacancy Announcement, April 20 2023
Position: WASH Intern
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Internship
Place of Work: Assosa, Ethiopia
Application Deadline: May, 11/2023
Under the supervision of the WASH Programme officer, The WASH (Water supply, Sanitation and Hygiene) Intern provides assistance throughout the programming process for Benishangul Gumuz WASH programmes and projects. They will apply theoretical and technical skills in researching, collecting, analyzing, and presenting technical programme information to support the development and formulation of the WASH Programme within the region while learning organizational rules, regulations and procedures.
How can you make a difference?
- Support to Benishangul Gumuz WASH programme development and planning.
- Follow-up on WASH activities including data management, monitoring and delivery of results.
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation by the regional water bureau, health bureau and other WASH partners.
- Networking and partnership building with stakeholders.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building.
- Collect, compile, analyze, verify, and synthesize WASH information and data collected from woredas (on maintenance and rehabilitation of water schemes, latrine construction, Sato pan installations), Health Facilities and Schools as per the standard.
- Support the preparation of technical reports and inputs for programme preparation and documentation.
- Assist to prepare the required documentation and materials to facilitate the WASH programme review
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises of WASH sectoral reviews with government and other partners and prepare minutes and reports on results for follow-up action by UNICEF Benishangul Gumuz field office and other stakeholders.
- Undertake field visits, and exchange information with partners and stakeholders to assess progress
- Participate in emergency and regular WASH coordination meetings with and/or in the absence of the WASH programme officer and takes minutes and share them with the field office WASH programme officer.
- Apply innovative approaches and promote good practices to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable programme results.
- Being enrolled at a university in Ethiopia at the undergraduate or graduate level or being a recent graduate (within the past two years) in Public/ Environmental Health, Hydraulic/ Sanitary Engineering, Social Sciences, or a related field is required.
- Knowledge of relevant computer systems and applications; excellent knowledge of MS Office is required.
- Fluency in English is required.
Key Considerations for Applicants:
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Persons that identify as having a disability are also highly encouraged to apply. Residents of the Benishangul Gumuz region and of Assosa will be prioritized for this internship opportunity. Note that UNICEF Ethiopia interns receive a monthly stipend for the duration of the assignment.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: UNICEF Values
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Builds and maintains partnerships
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Drive to achieve results for impact
- Innovates and embraces change
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Works collaboratively with others.
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to including everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promoting the protection and safeguarding of all children. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
How to Apply
For more vacancy alerts like this UNICEF Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram