Survey supervisor – Ethiopian Public Health Institute (EPHI) Vacancy Announcement, March 29 2023
Organization: Ethiopian Public Health Institute (EPHI)
Position: Survey supervisor
Location: Addis Ababa, Adama, Diredawa, Hawasa
Deadline: April 1, 2023
Required Number —-One per site (Addis Ababa, Adama, Diredawa, Hawasa)
Duration of Contract: For 3 months, with possibility of extension.
Report to: TB & HIV Research Directorate
Duties and responsibilities
Ethiopian Public Health Institute (EPHI) is a national organization mandated to manage, build research capacity, and promote and strengthen public health research activities in the country. The institute is also mandated to nationwide comprehensive health related data synthesis of evidence that public health related decision-makings rely on. Currently, EPHI in collaboration with FMOH is planning to conduct the HIV Bio Behavioral survey among people who inject drugs (PWID) in Ethiopia.
As part of implementing the study, the EPHI would like to announce a vacancy for competent and interested individuals for the following posts. The qualified individual will be functioning in collaboration with a member of the HIV survey team.
· Carry out key survey activities such as coordinating, coaching and supervising field team, ensuring the quality of data, conduct data cleaning, and interpreting and reporting of findings
- quantitative and qualitative data analysis, interpreting and reporting of findings
- Maintain and monitor the data collection process and adjust the system to operational activities’ needs with continued support
- Analysis, interpretation, management and ability to test and implement modifications and enhancements; and communicate and train staff on data collection, management, and analysis
- Develop survey implementation SOPs
- Supervise of the team and the daily activities at the survey site
- Supervise the quality of the interview data collection work using quality check manual
· Work with the coupon manager to ensure safety of the data stored in the electronic coupon tracking system, as well as exported to backup flash drive.
- Demonstrated experience in providing training on the quanitative research method
· Excellent data organization, programming, communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team setting are required
- Profound knowledge and experience in conducting Bio-behavioral survey including, development of the survey tools, training research staff, supervising, writing analytical reports as well as interpreting data and making recommendations;
- Experience in the area of HIV Key/priority population survey, and/or programmatic response
· Prior experience in coordinating a study using respondent driven sampling technique among PWID and/or FSWs
Required educational Qualification
- MPH/MSc in the fields of Public Health, and having of 6+ years demonstrated experiences in designing and executing quantitative study and analyzing the data
How to Apply
Note Interested applicants can register in Online through only ethiojobs.net send their CVs and relevant documents at the address given below within 10 working days from the first appearance of the announcement
Remarks: Please attach copies of transcripts, academic degree or recommendation letters together with the application. If not attached the copies you may be not short listed.
For more vacancy alerts like this Ethiopian Public Health Institute Vacancy join us on Telegram