Study Site Coordinator – School of Public Health-AAU- Center for Implementation Sciences (CIS) Vacancy Announcement; June 13 2023
Organization: School of Public Health-AAU- Center for Implementation Sciences (CIS)
Position: Study Site Coordinator
Deadline: Jun 21, 2023
The Center for Implementation Sciences (CIS) in Health at the School of Public Health, College of Health Sciences, Addis Ababa University seeks to accelerate translation of effective policies and evidence-based practices into public health and development benefits through influencing policies, strategies, programs and practices at different levels of the health system. The CIS shall work, through its multidisciplinary teams and in close collaboration with relevant governmental and non-governmental stakeholders, to develop, implement, and evaluate strategies, methods, approaches, and models to promote the adoption, implementation, sustainment, and scale-up of evidence-based policies, practices, and programs in the fields of public health.
The center is looking for a qualified and enthusiastic Site Coordinator with relevant qualifications and experience to coordinate the Specialized Lactation Support (SLS) and Antenatal corticosteroid (ACS) Implementation Research Projects which are being implemented in partnership with Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and World Health Organization (WHO).
- The Study Site Coordinator, under the guidance of the Principal Investigators and Study Managers will:
- Work closely with the Oromia Regional Health Bureau, health facilities and health manager to facilitate effective implementation of the interventions included in the model at the health facilities and community levels
- Manage the routine day-to-day operation logistics and administration aspects of the study project at site level
- Plan, implement and evaluate implementation support, program learning, and outcome assessment activities at the study site level
- Organize a regular meeting with the staff deployed at Batu and Meki sites, take notes, and routinely communicate the study managers, hospital, and health center study teams.
- Participate in the recruitment, training, and deployment of Implementation Support and Learning Research Assistants (ISL-RA), Outcome Measurement Research Assistants (OM-RA), Study Site Assistants (SSA)
- Facilitate trainings of health facility leadership, facility senior physicians, general practitioners, nurses, midwives, health extension workers and the health development army on the project objectives and expectations with the research team
- Conduct regular supervision of the day-to-day activities of Implementation Support and Learning Research Assistants (ISL-RA), Outcome Measurement Research Assistants (OM-RA), Study Site Assistants (SSA)
- Support the implementation of standard operating procedure and protocols for the interventions and development of instruments and protocols for data collection;
- Develop and submit regular implementation, program learning, and outcome assessment reports
- Supervise proper installation and use of project supplies, software and equipment by research and hospital staff
- Work closely with Implementation Support, Program learning and Outcome Measurement Coordinators
- Execute other tasks given by the study manager
- The Site Coordinator will be based in Batu town with frequent travel to the study sites in Meki town, Admi Tulu Judo Kombolcha Woreda and Dugda Woreda.
Vacancy: Study Site Coordinator
Date of Announcement: June 2023
Career Level: Mid-Level (2-3 years’ experience)
Duration of work: 1 year with possible extension
Tentative Start Date: July 2023
Number of posts: 1
- Masters University degree required with at least two years of relevant experience. Two plus years of related experience in implementation research project or similar project is required.
- Knowledge of the Ethiopian health system and experience closely working with Regional Health Bureaus is desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively work with Regional Health Bureaus, collaborators, stakeholders, and team members is required.
- Written and verbal fluency in Afan Oromo and English languages and knowledge of spoken and team members is required.
- written Amharic is required.
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, supervisory, and organizational skills is necessary.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple project activities, balance conflicting priorities, and handle confidential information appropriately is required.
- Must exhibit tact and diplomacy in inter-cultural settings.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates for the positions stated above are invited to apply to the Human Resource Management and Development Office of the School of Public Health, Sefere Selam, 2nd Floor, office no. 218 within 7 working days of the announcement. Female applicants are highly encouraged. An applicant is requested to attach the following documents:
Letter of application mentioning the specific position
Original and copies of degrees, and other relevant documents
For more Vacancy alerts like this School of Public Health-AAU- Center for Implementation Sciences (CIS) Vacancy Announcement, join us on Telegram