Study Manager – School of Public Health-AAU- Center for Implementation Sciences (CIS) Vacancy Announcement; June 14 2023
Organization: School of Public Health-AAU- Center for Implementation Sciences (CIS)
Position: Study Manager
Location: Addis Ababa with frequent travel to implementation research sites
Deadline: Jun 21, 2023
The Center for Implementation Sciences (CIS) in Health at the School of Public Health, College of Health Sciences, Addis Ababa University seeks to accelerate translation of effective policies and evidence-based practices into public health and development benefits through influencing policies, strategies, programs and practices at different levels of the health system. The CIS shall work, through its multidisciplinary teams and in close collaboration with relevant governmental and non-governmental stakeholders, to develop, implement, and evaluate strategies, methods, approaches, and models to promote the adoption, implementation, sustainment, and scale-up of evidence-based policies, practices, and programs in the fields of public health.
The center is looking for a qualified and enthusiastic Project Managers with relevant qualifications and experience for Specialized Lactation Support (SLS) for Preterm/LBW infants and Scale-up of Antenatal corticosteroid (ACS) for preterm births Implementation Researches in partnership with Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and World Health Organization (WHO).
The Study Manager, under the guidance of the, Principal Investigator will:
- Coordinate the initiation of the project such as finalizing contractual agreement, budget transfer, document preparation, IRB etc.
- Coordinate, integrate, and monitor the performances of the implementation, program learning, and evaluation activities across the projects
- Plan, coordinate meetings, take notes, and routinely communicate investigators, regional health bureaus and ministry of health;
- Recruit, train, deploy, and supervise research staff
- Working closely with the study PI and investigators prepare standard operating procedure and develop instruments and manuals for data collection;
- Under the guidance of the project PI/Co-PI and working hand in hand with the Center and school admin staff manage the routine day-to-day project operation including logistics and administration aspects of the project.
- Develop program and financial reports and submit to the donor and government counterparts
- Oversee budgets, supplies, software and equipment, and directly supervise the field staff
- Contribute to the development of relevant and publishable peer reviewed articles
- Execute other tasks given by the project PI/Co-PI
- Project Managers will be based in Addis Ababa with frequent travel to implementation research sites.
Date of Announcement: June 2023
Career Level: Mid-Level (2-5 years’ experience)
Duration of work: 1 year with possible extension
Tentative Start Date: July 2023
Number of posts: 2 (1 for Antenatal Corticosteroid Implementation Research and 1 for Specialized Lactation Support Implementation Research)
Station: Addis Ababa with frequent travel to implementation research sites
- Masters University degree required with at least two years of relevant experience. Two plus years of related experience in implementation research project or similar projects or program is required.
- Demonstrable experience with the Ethiopian health system, and working with relevant departments of Ethiopian Ministry of Health and Regional Health Bureaus.
- Experience working with international organizations and partners.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively manage communication and partnership with the Ministry of Health and Regional Health Bureaus, collaborators, stakeholders, and team members and be an ambassador for the ACS and SLS project.
- Written and verbal fluency in English is required.
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, and organizational skills is necessary.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple project activities, balance conflicting priorities, and handle confidential information appropriately.
- Must exhibit tact and diplomacy in inter-cultural settings.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates for the positions stated above are invited to apply to the Human Resource Management and Development Office of the School of Public Health, Sefere Selam, 2nd Floor, Room no. 55 within 10 working days of the announcement. Female applicants are highly encouraged. An applicant is requested to attach the following documents:
Letter of application mentioning the specific position
Original and copies of degrees, and other relevant documents
For more Vacancy alerts like this School of Public Health-AAU- Center for Implementation Sciences (CIS) Vacancy Announcement, join us on Telegram