Senior OR Nurse – KADISCO General Hospital Vacancy Announcement, April 19 2023
Organization: KADISCO General Hospital
Position: Senior OR Nurse
Employment: Full time
Location: Addis Ababa,
Date of Announcement: April 19 2023
Deadline: April 29, 2023
- Independently plan and provide professional nursing care for patients in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures.
- Provide nursing and counseling services to patients and families in accordance with the KADISCO General Hospital policy.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, provide, supervise and document professional nursing care utilizing the nursing process for patients in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures.
- Use professional nursing judgment to individualize the plan of care based on assessment of the patient’s baseline needs and response to care.
- Delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other staff as need.
- Ability to assess nursing needs of acute and chronically ill patients and their families.
- Be able to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively.
- Be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Be able to communicate clearly with patients, families, visitors, healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership and other.
- Be able to teach patients and families in accordance with the nursing plan of care.
- Be able to use sensory and cognitive functions to process and prioritize information, treatment, and follow-up.
- Be able to use fine motor skills Competent in BLS and/or other specialized life support requirements designated by work area.
- Able to record activities, document assessments, plan of care, interventions, evaluation and re-evaluation of patient status.
- Be able to navigate the entity to provide clinical care for patient.
- Able to remain focused and organized Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering routine and special treatments to patients.
- Working knowledge of infection control procedures and safety precautions.
- Assist other nursing personnel in the delivery of nursing care and act as team leader or charge nurse for a group of patients or an entire unit as assigned.
- Monitor and initiate corrective action to maintain the environment of care including equipment and material resources.
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
- Participate in the formal evaluation process of peers and other care providers.
- Participate in training/research when conducted in the hospital.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Avail and control drugs, and medical equipment’s and other consumables (from pharmacy store) necessary for a given section for a specific period.
- Make sure that critical patients, drugs, medical equipment’s and other relevant things are handed over to the in-coming nurse on your departure from duty.
- prepare the necessary surgical equipment’s prior to any procedures based on the theater schedule
- Maintain aseptic techniques and make sure that surgical sets are sterile and dry before use.
- Clean, count and pack all used surgical instrument sets and return to CSD.
- Assist the surgeon before, during and after any operations
- Perform all other related activities when need arise or on demand.
- Act in a professional manner.
- Promote confidentiality.
- Keep up-to-date with wards and department developments and changes.
- Adhere to Policies and Procedures.
- Be conscious of Health and Safety at Work.
- Take part in extra duties e.g. Infection control nurse etc. see ward list.
How to Apply
For more vacancy alerts like this KADISCO General Hospital Vacancy Announcement, join us on Telegram