Senior HIV Prevention Coordinator, Ministry of Health-Ethiopia Vacancy Announcement; May 10 2023
Organization: Ministry of Health-Ethiopia
Position: Senior HIV Prevention Coordinator
Location: Addis Ababa
Salary: 39,927.00 ETB
Deadline: May 18, 2023
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and ensure implementation of high-impact and targeted HIV prevention programs by all local implementers.
- Initiate, coordinate, and play a key role in the development of standardized and evidence-based behavioral change communication materials, national strategies, guidelines, and training manuals.
- Mobilize and initiate in development of workplace policy and strategy for HIV/AIDS that could help a risk-free environment.
- Conduct and facilitate national-level sensitization and high-level advocacy workshop.
- Analyse policies, strategies, and actions in multisectoral response to identify opportunities and barriers to the response to HIV/AIDS. Identify ways of amending and revising them to create an enabling environment.
- Mobilize, initiate, and play a key role in developing different social mobilization and partnership-related guidelines, training manuals, and broachers.
- Organize and conduct different training/consultative workshops to intensify HIV/AIDS multisectoral response at different levels.
- Work closely with major partners in the development of leadership and advocacy capacity for HIV/AIDS multisectoral response focusing on combination prevention.
- Mobilize, initiate, and maintain good working with line ministries, donor representatives, nongovernmental organizations and faith-based organization representatives, and other partners and support all partners and stakeholders to intensify HIV/AIDS multisectoral response in their respective sectors.
- Support the community and social mobilization efforts to address the needs of clients and household affected b HIV/AIDS.
Provide technical assistance to partners in designing and implementing projects focusing on social mobilization and partnership or combination prevention.
Location : Ministry of Health, Addis Ababa
Reports to: MoH, HIV Prevention and Control Lead executive Officer
Employment Type &Duration: Duration of contract: One year, renewable based on performance and availability of funds
Required Number: Three (3)
- MPH in Public Health or MSc in Nursing with 10 years of strong experience in HIV prevention and control programs or 8 years of strong experience in HIV prevention and control programs for a Ph.D.
- Demonstrated experience in compiling reports and analyzing data specific to MRIS (Multi-sectoral Response Information System) is preferable.
- Good personal organizational skills including the ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of English
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of HIV prevention and control program management. Must be well acquainted with the structure of the Ethiopian health system.
- Demonstrated capacity in supporting region, zone, and Woreda health offices and health facility staff in the implementation of TB/HIV programs and services.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective result-based working relationships with staff at national and regional levels and partner organizations.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrate cooperative working relationships.
- Must be tactful and effective in dealings for program/project implementation with partners and various officials of governmental and non-governmental organizations,
- Articulate communication, excellent in written and verbal communication & presentation
- Routine use of MS-office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and internet and email systems required. The ability to use additional statistical analysis packages is an advantage e.g. SPSS, Epi-Info.
- Both the Civil service and MOH-E rules and regulations will be applied to guide the day-to-day activities and performance of the manager.
- As new priorities emerge, the MOH-E may periodically revise this TOR for this position.
How to Apply
For more vacancy alerts like this Ministry of Health-Ethiopia Vacancy alerts, join us on Telegram