Islamic Relief Vacancy Announcement, May 10, 2023
Organization: Islamic Relief
Position: Nutrition Officer
Location: Guradamole, Somali
Experience Level: 3+ years
Number of Positions: One
Date of Announcement: May 9, 2023
Deadline: May 16, 2023
Post Title: Nutrition Officer
Duty Station: Somali Regional State, Guradamole
Reports to: Area Coordinator
Salary: As per the organization’s scale
Duration: Eight (8) Months
Islamic Relief is an international relief and development charity founded in 1984 with its headquarters in Birmingham, UK. As well as responding to disasters and emergencies, Islamic Relief promotes sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities – regardless of race, religion or gender. The office officially started operation in Ethiopia in 2004. Islamic Relief Ethiopia (IRE) is operational in the Somali Regional State with a base office in Jigjiga, Hargelle, Elkere, Bare, GG and Dekasuftu, Afar Regional State; Ewa, Awra and Gulina; Oromia regional State, West Harergeye, Chiro and Meayso Woredas,Borena zone of Dire,Dubluk,Elewaye and Yabello woredas and an additional operational office in Addis Ababa. For more information, please visit our website: http://www.islamic-relief.org/work-with-us
The Nutrition Officer undertakes the Nutrition component of the project titled “Lifesaving WASH, Nutrition and Cash for Drought Response in Somali Region and will lead the nutrition section towards quality implementation to improve access to nutrition services by children under five, pregnant and lactating women (PLW) and old ages
The nutrition Officer will also lead the planning, implementation, and coordination of CMAM and IYCF Responses integrated with Cash transfer and WASH interventions. It is envisioned that this will first be achieved through a hands-on approach that will require outstanding skills in planning and facilitation of training workshops, coaching, and mentoring.
Description of Major Roles and Responsibilities
· Participates in the project’s detailed implementation plans (DIP), at the start-up and reviews, to ensure nutrition-responsive project planning
· Lead the planning, implementation, and coordination of key nutrition messaging for pregnant and lactating women (PLW) and to equitably reach a critical mass PLWs.
· Lead and coordinate the CMAM + IYCF capacity building supports for the staff on Nutrition components of the project.
· Participate in the development and facilitation of CMAM + IYCF training for partner and staff development on nutrition-specific initiatives.
· Counseling and sensitization activities on malnutrition prevention
· Ensure the compilation of attendance lists and project documentation when required.
· Support monitoring activities by providing the supervisor with data and updated information from the field.
· Works with the relevant government structures to facilitate nutrition-related activities and monitoring in the operational areas
· Field visits and provision of nutritional and technical support to project beneficiaries.
· Documents and shares lessons/results of nutrition work and strategies within CMAM + IYCF Response
· Enhance the awareness and knowledge of traditional leaders/influence on women’s empowerment.
· Support development facilitators to promote basic nutrition education.
· Perform other duties assigned by the project coordinator
Islamic Relief Vacancy Announcement 2023
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Nutrition, Public Health, and Nursing
· Minimum 3 years field level NGO experience in humanitarian settings, including significant experience in managing CMAM and IYCF programs
Skills and Competences
· Substantial experience with community-based nutrition projects and familiarity with the area is desirable
· Ability to plan, implement and organize work independently with appropriate follow-through while paying close attention to detail and showing initiative in completing tasks and projects in a timely manner
· Excellent writing skills with the ability to produce project reports
· Demonstrated ability for leadership and independent decision making
· Strong interpersonal skills & excellent team player.
· Fluency in written and spoken English and Somali language (Mandatory)
· Firm belief in teamwork, participatory approach, and sustainable development.
· Committed to working with rural poor and willing to work under pressure
· Experience in working in a team environment and in training delivery in nutrition projects
· This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and communicate progress and achievement of the specific assigned task
· Conduct all duties in a professional manner following Islamic Relief staff regulations
· Handle multiple tasks on an ongoing basis, and adapt to a shift or change in priorities, including the ability to work a flexible work schedule as needed to meet deliverable deadlines
· Draft agendas and record minutes of staffs meetings and answer office correspondence
Safeguarding and Equal Opportunity
Islamic Relief and Islamic Relief staff considers the welfare and protection of children, young people and people at risk to be paramount to the organization. And must adhere the principle of ‘do no harm and leave no one behind.’ It is critical we do not expose communities or staff we work with to the risk of harm through our interventions. With a zero tolerance approach Islamic Relief have a number of related policies which also describe standards in behavior expected from the organization, its staff and representatives towards each other and those we serve. Islamic Relief is committed to responding swiftly, appropriately and constructively to any and all information children, young people and people at risk have disclosed.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. We participate in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme and will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and child abuse during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment before signing the contract agreement.
Islamic Relief believes everyone has the right to be safe, respected and valued regardless of who they are or their circumstances, and an equal employment opportunity to all candidates and qualified applicants, we do not discriminate on the base of age, sex, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability status and diversity.
Islamic Relief Vacancy Announcement 2023
How to Apply
· Interested candidates are required to submit a complete Job application form with all required supporting documents (copy of credentials and testimonials) through Ethiopia.HR@islamic-relief.org.et.
· You can access the Job Application Form with this link: http://www.islamic-relief.org.et/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Employment-Application-form-1.docx. Failure to follow the instructions will invalidate your application.
· Closing date for the application is May 16, 2023
· Due to the high volume of application, we regret that we will be able to contact only the shortlisted candidates.
· Female candidates are highly encouraged.
For more vacancy alerts like this Islamic Relief Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram