WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
JOB TITLE: Program Assistant ( Nutrition and School Feeding)
CONTRACT TYPE: Service Contract, Level 5
DUTY STATION: Dessie, Ethiopia
DURATION: 12 months
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
BACKGROUND & PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
This job is found in WFP Ethiopia Country Office, Dessie SO. Job holder reports to Dessie SO Programme Head under the general guidance of Head of SO. She/he will work closely with Bahir Dar Area Office and CO nutrition and school feeding technical staffs for the day-to-day operational matters. At this level, the job holder demonstrates responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with the general guidance of the Head of programmes. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. The job holder typically is responsible to manage and effective implementation of all activity two, four and six components in areas under the responsibility of Dessie SO.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the general supervision of Dessie SO head of programs and technical support by Bahir Dar Area Office and CO technical staffs, the program assistant will be responsible for the following activities:
- Serve as a focal point for WFP Dessie SO for all initiatives under Activity two, four and six in the Eastern part of Amhara region;
- Liaise with government counterparts, CPs, FSPs, and other stakeholders on all technical aspects related to Activity two, four and six;
- Coordinate on-ground implementation of Activity two, four and six in the Eastern part of Amhara region;
- Support capacity strengthening activities at regional and local level falling under nutrition and school feeding interventions;
- Coordinates the establishment of various local partnership forums to facilitate learning and scaling up of good practices relevant to WFP;
- Maintain up to date information and provide timely information as required;
- Coordinate needs assessment missions and data analysis;
- Identifies good practices related to nutrition and school feeding activities for further program quality improvement;
- Collect, document and share lessons learned and use for better programming;
- Supervise field monitors and strengthening/building their technical and functional capacities on thematic areas related to nutrition and school feeding interventions;
- Organize missions for WFP ETCO, donors, and other partners;
- Assist in the design of new nutrition and school feeding initiatives for the Amhara region; and
- Perform additional works assigned by WFP Dessie SO.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Secondary school or a post-secondary, preferably Advanced degree in public Heath, Applied Human Nutrition, Psychology, Sociology and related fields.
At least five years work experiences in development and emergency nutrition and school feeding programmes.
Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Amharic is required. Knowledge of the duty place is an added advantage.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
15 June 2023
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
How to Apply
To Apply for this vacancy Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below. Please make sure that you have read the requirements section very well before you apply.
For more vacancy alerts like World Food Programme vacancy announcement, join us on Telegram