Nutrition Supervisor (Local Status) – Medicins Sans Frontieres-Belgium (MSF-Belgium) Vacancy Announcement, April 7, 2023
Organization: Medicins Sans Frontieres-Belgium (MSF-Belgium)
Position: Nutrition Supervisor (Local Status)
Employment: Full Time
Location: South Omo, SNNPR
Experience Level: Mid Level ( 2+ – 5 years experience)
Salary: As per the salary scale of MSF
Number of Positions: Not Specified
Date of Announcement: April 7, 2023
Deadline: April 15, 2023
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid in more than 70 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters, or exclusion from healthcare.
Ensure the implementation of all nutritional related activities of the programme and coordinate and manage the team under his/her responsibility according to the MSF protocols in order to improve the nutritional conditions of the target population.
- Schedules and organizes all nutrition related activities, its organization design and sizing as well as its associated budget in order to efficiently maintain the continuity of the nutritional healthcare at the standard quality levels.
- Supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training, evaluation, development and communication) of the nutrition staff of the project in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required, improve people capabilities and skills.
- Supervise the implementation of the nutritional program according to MSF protocols, standards. This includes:
- Draw up outpatient’s activity planning,
- Follow up the evolution of patients and discuss the problem cases taking part in the medical assistant’s round, and install referral system
- Check that medical and nutrition prescriptions are carried out.
- Check the diffusion, knowledge and application of medical, nutritional and anthropometric protocols.
- Supervise nursing care and hygiene circumstances.
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
- Ensure that mothers are well informed about the functioning of the centre, the state and evolution of their child: their tasks (help with cleaning, feeding their child, etc)
- Ensure correct nutritional data collection (registers, nutritional forms, morbidity forms), compile weekly and monthly statistics for the outpatient’s unit, report this information to the line manager and provide feedback on the results to the team. In these senses, this function includes all kind of nutritional information that nutritional supervisor has in his /her hands.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
Specific objective 1: Ensure the nutritional managemnt of VL (Visceral Leishmaniasis) patients in the inpatient department
- Together with the PMR and nutritional advisor/referent, develop a strategy for in-patient malnutrition and under nutrition amangement
- Ensure all admitted VL cases are screened for malnutrion and the findings are registered on the pateint fiel.
- Ensure patients who has malnutrition recived the appropriate nutritional management while in the hospital
- Ensure the nutritional nurse follow-ups and register the follow-up parameters put inplace
- Ensure patients who are critically ill with VL has nutritional rehabilitaion plan put in place
- Join medical rounds and follow-up or update the nutrition activities together with the medical team
- Ensure those discharged are linked to the existing OTP center or MSF mobile clinic
Specific Objective 2: Ensure malnutrition screening and managemnt are integrated in the MSF mobile clinics in South Omo
- Ensure the routine screening of malnutrition are conducted in the mobile clinics
- Those found to have malnutrition and under-nutrition recived the appropriate treatment per MSF guideline
- Ensure children with complicated SAM are linked to JGH and they are managed according to the Standard
- Ensure follow-up plans are put in place and pateints are coming back to their appointments in collaboration with the HP team
- Together with the HP team, provide information on nutrition and hygiene to the community
Specific objective 3: Develop the necessary project specific monitoring and evaluation tools
- To faciliate the proper collection of nutrition activities, develop/adapt tools that can be used in routine activities in the inapteint and mobile clinics
- Ensure routine nutrition data is encoded in the databse regulary and ensure ,confidentiality of the data
- Routinely collect, analyse and share weekly, montly activity reports to the supervisor
Specific objective 4: Coach and mentor staff in the medical department on managemnt of malnutrition
- Identify skill/ training gaps and plan a capacity building plan together with the supervisor
- Supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training, evaluation, development and communication) of the nutrition staff of the project in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Coach and mentor staff working in the nutrition department and based on the need at JGH ITFC
|Education||Nurse qualification. Desirable with a nutritionist Degree (BA)|
|Experience||Minimum 2-year experience as nutrition nurse, certified experience as nutrition supervisor and NGO work experience is desirable.|
|Language||Essential English and Amharic, other local languages are desirable.|
How to Apply
- If you are interested, please submitted/sent your National ID, CV (not more than 3 pages), and cover letter (not more than one page) by email: email@example.com, or physically TO OUR OFFICE LOCATED AT JINKA TOWN (FORMER SHALEKA PENSION), or KARAT TOWN, KONSO (Former Green Hotel)
- (please indicate on the subject box: the vacancy title and your name)
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- We strongly encourage women and people with reduced mobility (able to work in remote places) to apply.
- MSF Belgium promotes EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION.
- MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.
Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
For more vacancy alerts like this Medicins Sans Frontieres-Belgium (MSF-Belgium) Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram