Midwife Nurse – Marie Stopes International Ethiopia, July 19 2023
Organization: Marie Stopes International Ethiopia
Position: Midwife Nurse
Location: Addis Ababa
Employment: Full time
Date of Announcement: 07.19.2023
Deadline: Jul 29, 2023
We want individuals who support our mission of eliminating unsafe abortion by 2030 and who work with us to build an enabling environment to increase access to safe services everywhere. We expect all team members to share our vision and commitment to achieving our mission whilst promoting equality and safeguarding the welfare of all clients and colleagues.
Under the supervision of the Technical Head/ MCH Specialty Centre Manager, Midwife Nurse performs delivery services at the labour ward; assists doctors and specialists help delivery services; ensures the women in labour get all the necessary support, ensures the tools and instruments for the delivery room are readily available; performs the duties in accordance with accepted standard medical practice and professional code of conduct
- Takes active part in the provision of services in the labour and maternity ward;
- Provides labour follow-up and attend normal deliveries;
- Ensures all instruments needed for delivery services are readily in place;
- Assists normal delivery including vacuum assisted vaginal delivery;
- Provides immediate new born care;
- Provides immediate postnatal follow up and timely consultation when problems arise;
- Assists postpartum women in initiating breast feeding postpartum women on danger signs, family planning and HTC;
- Provides counselling to labouring and postpartum women;
- Assists doctors as Theatre Nurse and undertakes all standard measures required for procedures;
- Prepares all surgical instruments, sets and medical supplies required for operation in accordance with accepted standards;
- Assists doctors intra-operatively (as a Scrub Nurse, Circulating Nurse, etc.) and makes the instruments ready for other operations as required;
- Co-works with the scrub nurses in the OR as a runner/ circulator;
- Puts the interest of clients / patients above all other considerations and ensures the confidentiality of all cases;
- Ensures proper receipt, storage, safe keep, issuance and timely placement of orders of surgical instruments and medical supplies for theatre by pre-establishing re-order level and regular replenishment of enough stocks of the same;
- Ensures the maintenance of high level standards and applies universal precautions to infection prevention;
- Avails herself / himself to regular stock taking and audit as and when required;
- Prepares and submits periodic reports as required;
- Make an on-time report for the clinical incident happened in the center as per the guideline of MSIE.
- trained and certified on basic ultrasound training or limited obstetrics ultrasound.
- Performs related tasks as required.
BSc/Diploma in Midwifery
Four years with Diploma in Midwifery. Two years of experience need for BSc
Skills, Attitudes, Attributes
· Good Communication and Interpersonal skills
· Capacity to be compassionate and caring
· Conscious of Government, MSI and MSIE regulations
· Ability to make logical and timely decisions
· Counselling skill
· Awareness of concepts and strategies of quality care
Number of Position: (02)
Duty Station: Addis Ababa (Megenagna BEMONC) & Adama (Adama MCH)
Type of Employment: Full Time
How to Apply
We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to download the job application form from https://www.mariestopes.org.et/join-our-team/ and email to Humanresource@mariestopes.org.et before the closing date of this announcement i.e. within ten (10) days.
Please note that we ONLY consider those who filled in the application form and send us back. We regret to inform that we do not accept CV at this stage.
Please mention the title of the position and workplace you applied for on the subject line of your email.
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MSI ETHIOPIA REPRODUCTIVE CHOICES STRONGLY ENCOURAGE FEMALE CANDIDATES TO APPLY!
For more vacancy alerts like Marie Stopes International Ethiopia vacancy announcement, join us on Telegram