Anesthetist – Marie Stopes International Ethiopia, July 19 2023
Organization: Marie Stopes International Ethiopia
Employment: Full time
Date of Announcement: 07.19.2023
Deadline: Jul 29, 2023
We want individuals who support our mission of eliminating unsafe abortion by 2030 and who work with us to build an enabling environment to increase access to safe services everywhere. We expect all team members to share our vision and commitment to achieving our mission whilst promoting equality and safeguarding the welfare of all clients and colleagues.
1. JOB SUMMARY
Under the supervision of the MSIE Specialty Centre Manager, Anesthetist assesses pre-operative patients, provides anesthesia, and carries out intra and post-anesthesia patient care. Ensures that all the required inputs for anesthesia administration are readily available and the machine is always in working conditions.
- Takes patient/client history for pre-anesthetic assessment, examines, and gives the necessary precautions before operation in consultation with the gynecologist/ obstetrician.
- Ensures that the anesthesia unit is equipped with the necessary machinery, equipment, medication, and supplies.
- Keeps the center’s resources in an orderly and cost-effective manner.
- Follows patients in intensive care unit that require his/her skill in collaboration with other health professionals.
- Takes the leading role in providing anesthesia for patients undergoing an operation in collaboration with the obstetrician/gynecologist and other team members in the operation theatre.
- Makes sure the patient/client is given the necessary preoperative care including consent and appropriately handover to the concerned team for post-operative care.
- Prepares and submits periodic reports to his/her immediate supervisor.
- Make an on-time report for the clinical incident that happened in the center as per the guideline of MSIE.
- Performs related tasks as required.
BSc in Anesthesia
Four years directly relevant experience
B. Skills, Attitudes and Attributes
- Committed to the protection of team members and clients, with a focus on vulnerable groups.
- Able to role-model inclusive and culturally sensitive attitudes and behaviours.
- Good Communication skills
- Good skill to evaluate patients to ensure their capacity to withstand and go through the Anastasia procedures.
- Ability to make logical and timely decisions
- Special Training in Anesthetic
Number of Position: (1)
Duty Station: Adama MCH Centre, Adama
Salary: As per MSI Ethiopia Reproductive Choices Salary Scale
How to Apply
We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to download the job application form from https://www.mariestopes.org.et/join-our-team/ and email to Humanresource@mariestopes.org.et before the closing date of this announcement i.e. within ten (10) days.
Please note that we ONLY consider those who filled in the application form and send us back. We regret to inform that we do not accept CV at this stage.
Please mention the title of the position and workplace you applied for on the subject line of your email.
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MSI ETHIOPIA REPRODUCTIVE CHOICES STRONGLY ENCOURAGE FEMALE CANDIDATES TO APPLY!
For more vacancy alerts like Marie Stopes International Ethiopia vacancy announcement, join us on Telegram