Action for Social Development and Environmental Protection Organization (ASDEPO) Vacancy Announcement, April 1, 2023
Organization: Action for Social Development and Environmental Protection Organization (ASDEPO)
Position: MHPSS Officer
Experience Level: Mid Level (3 – 5 years)
Number of Positions: 1
Date of Announcement: March 31, 2023
Deadline: April 5, 2023
ASDEPO’s mission is to improve the lives of needy mothers, children, youths, and elders from first to last escalating their access to health and education services, supporting income generation and improving the natural environment, using a holistic and participatory loom.
ASDEPO is a local Civil Society Organization that has been working in all Regions of Ethiopia towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare and education. ASDEPO implements a range of multi-sectorial development, resilience, recovery and humanitarian responses Programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Mental Health Psychosocial Support Services (MHPSS) Officer will provide the psychosocial, emotional and mental health needs for the GBV survivors and mainly be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of MHPSS activities and services with supervision of GBV Coordinator.
MPSS Officer also expected to provide individual and group counseling and PFA for refugees and other groups; provide supervision, technical assistance, and capacity building to staffs, oversee and provide technical assistance to incentives, volunteers and social workers to ensure smooth delivery of MHPSS service. S/he will have the overall responsibility for coordinating operations to ensure the timely delivery, effective and efficient implementation of the activities.
- Provide individual and group counselling, psychosocial support for IDP and host community members in need of the service
- Participate and play a leadership role to represent ASDEPO at zonal and regional level MHPSS TWG and Coordinate Partners implementing MHPSS at region
- Support GBV coordinator with the integration of mental health and psychosocial support into different sectors
- Develop culturally, age and gender appropriate psychosocial activities for IDP and host communities
- Work to improve referral linkage and collaboration with relevant partners and collaborators on MHPSS service and management of cases with mental illness and GBV
- Organize awareness raising and sensitization event, workshop, campaign on mental health topics for IDPs and host communities targeting various age groups
- Participate in various assessments and surveys including institutional readiness assessment, MHPSS needs, PDM /client service satisfaction survey etc.
- Prepare periodical reports and submit to GBV Coordinator
- Participate in MHPSS coordination meetings for information sharing, collaboration with partners, referral mechanisms, and advocacy for best practices and IASC MHPSS guidelines
Minimum Qualification and Requirements
- MA/MSc or BA/BSc in Clinical and Community Mental Health, Psychiatry, Psychiatric Nurse, Clinical Nurse, Public Health Officer, Counselling Psychology or combination of these or other related fields.
- A minimum of 3 years for MA/MSc or 5 years for BA/BSc holder professional experiences in a mental health and psychosocial support projects and provision of MHPSS services for refugees and other vulnerable groups
- Proven experience in providing individual and group counselling; and PFA support
- Knowledgeable in and experience following IASC Guidelines on MHPSS in Emergencies
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within different cultural environments
- Ability to work within a team structure or independently, flexible, and can cope with stressful workload
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non – returnable application with CV for one vacancy. The vacancy reference number along with the title & Duty station need to be written in the application letter and/or subject of the email. Applicants can apply using the following option. Applicants can apply on email@example.com. ASDEPO strongly encourages female candidates to apply! Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam. Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage.
ASDEPO is not able to contribute towards any costs incurred by candidates during the recruitment process
For more vacancy alerts like this Action for Social Development and Environmental Protection Organization (ASDEPO) Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram