Health Promoter Supervisor (Local Status)
Job By: Medicins Sans Frontieres-Belgium (MSF-Belgium) Vacancy Announcement
- Job Title: Health Promoter Supervisor (Local Status)
- Location: South Omo, SNNPR
- Experience Level: Mid Level ( 2-5 years experience)
- Number of Position:
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary: As per the salary scale of MSF
- Deadline Date: February 26, 2023
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid in more than 70 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters, or exclusion from healthcare.
In close collaboration with the HP IEC Activities Manager, implementing and supervising educational campaigns according to MSF values, standards and procedures in order to increase awareness of the targeted population and to promote prevention and treatment of diseases in the project area.
In close collaboration with the HP manager, participating in the definition and update of the HP/IEC strategy and identifying indicators in order to monitor HP activities, results, and achievements. Supporting the HP manager in organizing and carrying out assessments and research on the impact of HP activities and identifying and reporting the constraints, difficulties or strength points of the HP strategy inside and outside the medical structures in order to reinforce the link between the communities and the project.
- Providing support in selecting and developing quality pedagogical communication strategies towards the community. Planning information campaigns, including targets, objectives, methods and goals in order to increase awareness among the targeted population.
- Informing, according to protocols, community members and identified risk groups (prisons, army, sexual workers, etc.) about health-related issues.
- Organizing health awareness sessions for MSF’s medical and non-medical staff.
- Identifying key actors (local authorities, local NGOs, traditional healers, formal or informal authorities) and being the focal point for the networking in order to support the dissemination of health information of the target population, and be the point of reference for the relation and networking with these subjects.
- Organizing, training, and supervising the HP team in terms of planning and organizing their work, supporting, evaluating and coaching of personnel, collecting reports and reporting the activities of each health worker and regularly visiting communities that are under his/her responsibility.
- Supervising, in close collaboration with the HR department, the HR associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Ensuring cleanliness of IEC (information, education and communication) areas.
- Collecting and reporting to the medical team any information linked to the health situation of the population and the patient.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
Currently MSF Belgium has opened a project in South Omo focusing on addressing the most medical needs of visceral leishmaniasis (also known as Kala Azar) and mobile clinics in the most affected areas. As such MSF aims to contribute on the reduction of mortality and morbidity of this treatable disease and other morbidities like Malaria, malnutrition, diarrheal diseases, respiratory tract infections to the hard to reach areas.
- Offer support to MSF activities at Jinka hospitals, and to the development and implementation of HP activities, such as health education on Kala Azar, Malaria, hygiene, nutrition/malnutrition and other topics, and giving patient support.
- In collaboration with HP manager implementing HP support to MSF mobile clinics, such as service promotion, triage system, health education, treatment understanding and the like.
- Offer support to target communities, community visits, outreach and assessment activities to reduce morbidity and mortality through health promotion and prevention
- Supports the HP manager in strengthening community engagement activities, active participation in FGDs (Focused Groups Discussion and giving feedbacks to the communities, mobile clinic and hospital team
- Identifying training needs, organizing and facilitate training of the HP team, and supervising, evaluating and coaching the HP team together with the HP manager. Furthermore, supporting in translations tasks
- Responsible for supervision, work planning, training and performance evaluation of Community health educators; in collaboration with HP manager
- Support the HP manager in monitoring the functionality of HP activities, data collection and reporting
|Essential Degree in social sciences/ education/ pedagogy / or social work.
|Essential working experience in MSF/NGO (1 year minimum)/ or 2 years in governmental (other organization) in health promotion activities, or training-education activities.
|Essential English and Amharic, Mursi will be an asset.
How to Apply
- If you are interested, please submitted/sent your National ID, CV (not more than 3 pages), and cover letter (not more than one page) by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or physically TO OUR OFFICE LOCATED AT JINKA TOWN (FORMER SHALEKA PENSION), or KARAT TOWN, KONSO (Former Green Hotel)
- (please indicate on the subject box: the vacancy title and your name)
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- We strongly encourage women and people with reduced mobility (able to work in remote places) to apply.