Midwife (BEMONC) – MÉDECINS DU MONDE – FRANCE Vacancy Announcement, February 22 2023
- Organization: MÉDECINS DU MONDE – France
- Job Title: Midwife (BEMONC)
- Location: Chinaksen Woreda – East Hararghe zone, Oromia region
- Number of Position: 01
- Employment Type: Contract
- Salary: 37,440.00 ETB
- Deadline Date: February 24, 2023
Médecins du monde or Doctors of the World, is an international humanitarian organization which provides emergency and long-term medical care to the world’s most vulnerable people. Médecins du Monde (MDM) is operating in Ethiopia since 1986 in different types of health projects.
The midwife will be based in Chinaksen woreda, East Hararghe zone,Oromia region. S/he will be under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator based in Chinaksen. For technical advice, s/he will consult with the MedCo.
- The Midwife will be responsible for the implementation of Basic Emergency Obstetric and Newborn Care (BEmONC) services and MCH strengthening of the supported Health Centre (HC) in Chinaksen woreda.
- S/he will:
- Ensure the provision of the seven-signal function of BEmONC
- Ensure the provision of clinical management of FGM and its complication, S-GBV and referral
- Coordinate all the activities with the Head of the HC and relevant departments (e.g. Pharmacy, EPI, etc)
- Build the capacity of health staff to deal with neonatal and obstetric emergencies and complications.
Key activities areas will include:
- Support the management of obstetric emergencies and complications and timely referral at the four HCs;
- Mentor and coach health staff on seven signal functions of BEmONC;
- Mentor and coach health staff on clinical management of FGM and its complications and S-GBV and referral
- Conduct need assessment of the MCH department to identify gaps in equipment, drugs and supplies and coordinate with central pharmacy and government supply to fill the gap;
- Conduct training assessment needs and develop a training plan for the clinical staff in the supported facilities;
- Ensure that practices are aligned with evidence-based clinical practice in line with the national guidelines and protocols;
- Provide compassionate and respectful care at the HCs;
- Demonstrate behavior that upholds the public trust in the service.
- Participate to the rapid need assessment in case of displacement or outbreak in the supported zones
- Compile monthly project activities report and submit to the Program Coordinator.
- Ensure recordings and completeness of data related to MCH services at the four HCs;
- Conduct immediate analysis and reporting on maternal and neonatal deaths.
Mentoring and Coaching
- Mentor and coach health staff of the HCs on seven signal functions of BEmONC/use of partograph and other MCH good practices and plan/deliver quality training and follow up;
- Mentor and coach health staff of the HCs on clinical management of GBV, FGM and referral
- Implement standards and protocols for MCH services at the HCs;
- Conduct need assessment of the HC regarding equipment, drugs and supplies and in close collaboration with the HC Head and Pharmacist, work on adequate pharmacy management system to ensure that the drugs provided by the Project are appropriately stored and managed;
- Support the implementation of infection and prevention control with consideration of Covid19;
Monitoring and Reporting
- Introduce a partograph register for follow up
- Participate to weekly/ monthly request and consumption follow up with the pharmacy;
- Prepare a monthly report, including on drug/consumables consumption and submit to Project coordinator.
- BSc Degree / Diploma in Midwife
- At least 5 years’ experience of BEMONC with FGM, GBV in the clinical setting
- Experience/knowledge of the area is a plus
Skills and qualities required
- Having BEMONC Training
- Trained on compassionate and respectful care
- Flexibility, reactivity, anticipation, adaptability
- Good organizational skills in day to day and crisis situation
- Excellent computer and reporting skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to classify and manage priorities – High autonomous is required
- Interest and ability to work in a team
- Capacity to work and to live remote area with intense conditions
- English and Oromifa language are mandatory (speaking and writing)
- Somali language is a plus.
- Women are strongly encouraged to Apply
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to fill the application form through the following link
https://forms.gle/hnR2E6HWyTVkRNhPA (Note : All the information that provided in the form is true and accurate ) and submit your CV with Cover letter through firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Nutrition Officer.
NB: Please notice that if you have not heard from MdM within 15 days of the submission date of the deadline, you should presume you were not short listed for this position. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. However, MdM thanks you for your interest and encourages you to apply for other openings where your skills and experience match.
For more vacancy alerts like Médecins Du Monde – France Vacancy Announcement, join us on Telegram