Medical Doctor – Medecins Sans Frontieres-Belgium (MSF-Belgium) Vacancy Announcement, August 28 2023
Organization: Medecins Sans Frontieres-Belgium (MSF-Belgium)
Position: Medical Doctor
Employment: Full Time
Salary: As per the salary scale of MSF
Deadline: September 4, 2023
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Duration: 4 months with a possibility of extension
About Action MSF
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF Belgium) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid in more than 70 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters, or exclusion from healthcare.
Summary of Position
Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions.
Essential Job Duties
· Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnosis and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
· Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
· Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits, consultations, and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
· Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care of the quality, disinfection, and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
· Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patient’s illness, or medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment, or material.
· Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
· Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks, and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
· Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, and directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
· Medical Doctor
· At least 2 years of experience as a Medical Doctor
· Experience in either tropical medicine or post-registration experience in public health, obs and gynae, pediatrics, nutrition, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine, or minor surgery is desirable.
· Fluency in Local Languages and in English is desirable
· Teamwork Spirit
· Good Communication skills
· Capacity to build good relationships between MSF activities and MoH staff.
· Ability to easy adapt to changing context or workspace.
How to Apply
If you are interested, please provide a copy of your National ID, relevant diplomas, previous work certificate, CV (not more than 3 pages), and a cover letter (not more than 2 pages) addressing the selection criteria through one of the following channels:
· By E-mail: send all attachments to email@example.com with “Medical Doctor” written in the subject line
· By Post-mail: submit hard copy of your application to MSF Belgium in the letter box at the front of MSF Belgium HR Office in Korem Hospital, with “Medical Doctor” written on the envelop.
Deadline: Monday 4th September (COB), 2023.
MSF Belgium promotes EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION.
We strongly encourage women and people with reduced mobility to apply.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more vacancy alerts like this Medecins Sans Frontieres-Belgium (MSF-Belgium) Vacancy Announcement, join us on Telegram