HIV Service Director – Integrated Service on Health and Development Organization /ISHDO/ Vacancy Announcement, March 30 2023
Organization: Integrated Service on Health and Development Organization /ISHDO/
Position: HIV Service Director
Location: Addis Ababa
Deadline: April 9, 2023
The HIV Service Director will be the technical expert for activities related to strengthening the USAID Funded Family Focused HIV Prevention Care and treatment activity (FFHPCTA) particularly comprehensive community-based HIV testing, treatment, care and support services, ensuring standards and quality of care, liaising with relevant advisers on health-related strategic information. S/he provides guidance on scientific, policy and practices associated with community-based HIV and AIDS treatment, care and support services as per the PEPFAR and MOH guidance. Together with other activity staff ensure project activities are cross-fertilized and provides technical guidance and support to sub- awards in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of quality community HIV Care and treatment services.
- Contribute to the implementation of the overall project objectives strategies and led CHCT operational plans and budget.
- Lead and guide innovative approaches for the implementation of community HIV, Care and treatment of FFHPCTA activity
- Lead community HIV care and treatment activities for the achievement of regional and national 95-95-95 goals in HIV Prevention, Care and treatment
- Provide guidance, technical assistance, mentoring and coaching for the implementation of quality community HIV care and treatment services to subgrantees.
- Ensure Build the capacity of community level HIV service cadres to implement quality testing, linkage and adherence for treatment services.
- Provide follow up and support to the pediatric and adolescent HIV treatment coverage expansion.
- Ensure adequate HIV testing and prevention supplies distributes to community service delivery point.
- Strengthen community to facility collaboration to enhance delivery of continuum of care with cases in interruption in treatment, case management. Index case tracking and adherence in treatment.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with technical assistance partners and stakeholders working on the activity.
- Promotes teamwork and cooperation needed for the success of the project
- Represent HIV Services team of ISHDO to regional, national level HIV/AIDs service agencies of MOH and RHB.
- Assure compliance with project HIV service standard and procedures other regulatory standards.
- Contribute to annual plan and budget preparation which aligns with the goals and objectives of the project
- Oversee development and utilization of grants to ensure effective use project resources
- Prepare and submit regular and timely performance reports to the COP adhering to USAID reporting requirements
Reports to: Chief of Party
Required education and experiences
- MPH with a degree in health science or Medical Doctor with MPH is preferred
- Ten years of progressive experience in HIV testing and clinical HIV treatment services.
- Experience in expanding access to essential comprehensive HIV services is desirable.
- Specialized knowledge and demonstrated expertise in comprehensive HIV and AIDS services.
- Previous work program/project management experience in international Ngo’s, directly or indirectly, with USAID, PEPFAR, or other USG health programs required.
- Experience and good understanding of the Ethiopian health care delivery system including networking of the facility and community health system/Civil Society Organizations and PLHIV associations.
- Experience in managing a project team composed of several technical experts and fostering teamwork is required.
- Ability to coordinate multiple assignments
- Skills in determining priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive professional attitude
- Ability to represent the project in a professional manner at all times
- Excellent written and communication skills in English language
- Skills in MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can apply through www.ethiojobs.net
For more vacancy alerts like this Integrated Service on Health and Development Organization Vacancy Announcement, join us on Telegram