GOAL Ethiopia Vacancy Announcement, May 3, 2023
Organization: GOAL Ethiopia
Position: Senior Health & Nutrition Officer
Location: Borena (Yabello, Elwoye & Gomole), Oromia
Experience Level: Mid Level (4 Years)
Number of Positions: Not Specified
Date of Announcement: May 2, 2023
Deadline: May 11, 2023
GOAL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.
GOAL is a non-for profit organization that has been working in Ethiopia for over 30 years across all the region of the country towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery and humanitarian responses Programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS.
We envision a world where poverty no longer exist, where vulnerable communities are resilient, where barriers to wellbeing are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. GOAL Ethiopia’s main donors are Irish Aid, USAID/OFDA, EHF, ECHO and other private donors.
About the Position:
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Senior Health & Nutrition Officer is responsible for overseeing all start-up health and nutrition activities under the assigned location and responsible for the day-to-day management of the Primary Health and Nutrition Care project implemented in the operational Woredas of a given location. S/he will be responsible for providing managing Health and Nutrition staff and implementation. S/he will provide technical guidance to ensure that program implementation adheres to appropriate international technical standards and guidelines are technically sound. Provision of primary health care service and lead the management of the Mobile Health and Nutrition Team (MHNT) as a key component of the position holder.
Description of Functional Relation Ships of the role, if any
The Senior Health & Nutrition officer will provide consultation and necessary treatment as needed to the intended beneficiaries in the health facilities and outside health facilities in the project sites. S/he will work with the subordinate within the field office to enhance their participation and involvement in the prevention, awareness creation, and capacity building of woreda-based government health staff, and all the key deliverables are achieved.
Key Areas of Accountability/Duties
Oversees the implementation of integrated health and nutrition projects in the assigned location and ensures that the quality standards are met.
· Ensures effective start-up, management, implementation, monitoring, reporting, and evaluation of integrated health, and nutrition projects in the assigned location.
· Provide support and guidance to the subordinate; assess training needs, plan & provides training/guidance for staff in setting up new OTP and SC sites and PHC/RMNCH services and IYCF activities.
· Facilitate training for health professionals in community-based management of acute malnutrition, PHC, and IYCF.
· Participating in and/or leading health, nutrition, and/or multi-sectoral assessments as required.
· Conducts regular field visits to provide supportive supervision and discussions to the OTP/SC/TSFP/IYCF sites, mobile clinics, and woreda health offices to monitor the implementation of integrated health and nutrition programs and enhance the existing health system.
· Closely work with the project manager and other support staff to ensure that project budgets are realistic, that they are efficiently used complying with donor/GOAL requirements, and that reports are submitted in a timely manner.
· Represents GOAL in Woreda/Zonal level nutrition and health coordination and another forum as per the need and request.
· Documents findings, lessons learned, and recommendations of field visits and practices for follow-up actions; shares as appropriate with the project manager.
· Oversees and leads the development and submission of activity reports, ensuring completeness, accuracy, timeliness, and quality.
· Manage (including conducting regular performance management) the other health and nutrition staff (subordinate) such as Health & Nutrition Officer, Clinical Nurse, Midwifery Nurse, MHPSS, Environmental Health Officer, and others based on the team compositions.
· Provide essential lifesaving primary health care services to IDPs/collective centers/hard-to-reach areas/any place where MHNT was established.
· Conduct all activities planned for MHNT.
· Responsible to provide Community Based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) and IYCF activities to IDPs and people who have no access to the services.
· Conduct capacity-building interventions for HEWs/HWs and community health workers and community mobilization activities with key Health messages,
· Provide different pieces of training and workshops as per the plan.
· Perform all necessary actions to ensure the smooth functioning of mobile health and nutrition activities.
· Support the Woreda-based health system in providing technical support to the health facilities.
· Work closely with other sectoral staff (WASH, Food Security, Protection, and Others) to ensure an integrated approach to program implementation and also work closely with local-level UNICEF, WHO, and WFP staff if any.
· Prepare and share monthly and quarterly activity reports timely.
· Support the MHNT in mobilization of communities and ensure that MHNT intervention is in accordance with the MHNT guideline.
· Support Woreda the health office in strengthening the surveillance system.
· Any other task assigned by his/her supervisor (project manager).
GOAL’s recruitment procedure is fair and transparent which is also in line with the organization’s commitment to its integrity, honesty and culture. GOAL is committed to ensure that, its performance complies with the terms and conditions of relevant agreements, applicable laws & regulations. Hence, pre-employment background checks will be conducted, and employees are required to read, understand, sign and implement different polices including safeguarding and child protection policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and abuse policy, sexual harassment policy, code of conducts and any other policy, rules and regulation of the organization. GOAL is committed to safeguarding and protection from sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (PSEAH). Staffs, partners and other who are in contact with GOAL work are expected to adhere to GO’L’s PSEAH Policy and make ethical decisions to ensure the protection of people particularly children and vulnerable adults from sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment.
GOAL Ethiopia Vacancy Announcement 2023
Do you want to join an exciting organization that brings high level impact to the community and add value to your professional advancement? Then join us if you have:
- BSc/HO in Public Health or post-graduate degree in public health, nutrition, and related field with a minimum of four years’ years’ work experience preferably in NGO experience in MHNT setups, CMAM/IYCF, and PHC/RMNCH/IMNCI.
- Knowledge of the latest health-related guidelines and standards in emergency nutrition and health.
- Experience in quality assurance in a clinical setting is desirable.
- Extensive Knowledge and experience in the primary health care system.
- Demonstrated ability for leadership and independent decision-making.
- Ability to plan and organize work to meet individual, team, and program objectives. · Strong interpersonal skills & excellent team player, fosters working in teams & teamwork spirit.
- Willingness and ability to work in hardship environments and 24/7 times based on the context assigned locations.
- Cultural and gender sensitivity.
- Demonstrable experience in working with communities, and knowledge of participatory approaches.
- Strong knowledge on monitoring and evaluation and report writing. · Ability to effectively liaise with government, donors, NGOs, community leaders, and other stakeholders,
- Very good knowledge and practice of computer applications.
- Excellent written and spoken Communication skill of the local language ( Afaan Oromo).
- Flexible and creative approach; keen to take initiative where appropriate.
- Accountability & responsiveness within areas of responsibilities,
Desirable quality, skill and competence
· Have good understanding and hands on experience on MHNT projects, CMAM/IYCF, and PHC/RMNCH/IMNCI.
· Familiarity to the local culture.
· Passionate, strongly dedicated and highly committed to work for the improvement of the poor community
REMUNERATION and BENEFITS:
· GOAL will pay a competitive basic salary based on the salary grading with addition benefits.
· A chance to develop tangible experience.
· Being part of a team who continue to make a real difference to the lives of the most vulnerable people.
GOAL Ethiopia Vacancy Announcement 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non – returnable application with CV for one vacancy. The vacancy reference number along with the title & Duty station need to be written in the application letter
Applicants can directly apply via www.ethiojobs.net
GOAL strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage.
GOAL is not able to contribute towards any costs incurred by candidates during the recruitment process.
For more vacancy alerts like this GOAL Ethiopia Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram