JSI Vacancy Announcement, May 3, 2023
Position: Health Management and Administration Advisor
Location: Addis Ababa
Experience Level: Senior Level (10 Years)
Number of Positions: Not Specified
Date of Announcement: May 3, 2023
Deadline: May 13, 2023
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc is a public health management firm, headquartered in the United States, dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. JSI has been implementing public health work in Ethiopia for over 25 years.
JSI seeks an experienced Health Management and Administration Advisor for an anticipated United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded Lowland Health Activity. The purpose of the Activity is to improve health and nutrition outcomes in the pastoral geographies of Ethiopia, through increased access and utilization of quality reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent & youth health and nutrition (RMNCAH-N) services.
The Health Management and Administration Advisor exhibits leadership qualities and management skills, depth and breadth of technical expertise relative to the project and he/she will provide technical assistance at the national and regional level. This position is contingent upon donor approval and funding.
The Advisor is responsible for technical oversight and program quality in health management and administration. He/she oversees specific portfolios and staff, develops research opportunities, encourages innovation, and builds and maintains excellent relationship with officials of the Government of Ethiopia and other partners.
- Work closely with the DCOP to achieve key deliverables as specified in the work plans and PMP and assure submission of deliverables to supervisor according to cooperative agreement/contract requirements, to monitor, analyze and troubleshoot any challenges to project implementation and resolve any human resources issues that arise.
- Serve as JSI’s representative to the Activity Management Team and as a member of the senior technical leadership team for the Activity.
- Provide sound leadership and high-level technical guidance to technical advisors, regional program managers and specialists.
- Represent the organization in health services management, quality improvement and quality assurance in technical meetings and conferences or delegates appropriate staff for the purpose.
- Interact with other organizations working on health service management improvements to capture best practices and approaches and proposes changes to better modalities of operation and program implementation.
- Identify opportunities for program research related to health service management structures and systems with other program staff.
- Travel to the project regions and sites approximately 30% of time to carry out firsthand assessment of program effectiveness and to learn from problems faced in program implementation by the regional offices of the project.
- Assist the DCOP and other team members in the project technical activities to ensure that the work is technically and logistically sound, collaborative, timely, and is conducted in line with the donor-approved project work plan and budget.
- Take a lead role and serve as key resource person in the process of developing and reviewing program strategies, thematic plans and annual plans.
- Participate in the project management and USAID team meeting as required and provide updates and innovative strategic approaches.
- In collaboration with the project’s other senior staff, help establish a monitoring system (e.g., indicators and data collection methodologies) to track quality and reach of program activities; ensure that lessons learned from project implementation inform field discourse and programmatic decisions at all levels and participate in the development and implementation of a learning agenda and research agenda for the project.
JSI Vacancy Announcement 2023
- Advanced degree in public health, health service management, hospital administration, or related field (MD with management training, clinical degree plus MBA or PhD preferred).
- At least 10 years of progressively increasing technical leadership, including experience with direct supervision of professional staff, preferably with a program of an equivalent size and scope is highly desired.
- Experience in the administration of hospitals and health centers in similar contexts.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience of interacting with local governments, international organizations, other bilateral donor and civil society representatives, and senior level government officials is desired.
- Experience managing and coordinating USAID-funded complex health programs, in Ethiopia is desired.
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills in English and Amharic required. Other additional Ethiopian languages preferred.
JSI Vacancy Announcement 2023
How to Apply
- Qualified individuals interested in this position can send their application.
- Applications should be sent via email with the subject line: ” Health Management and Administration Advisor” [Name of Applicant]”·
- All application documents should be combined into one PDF file, the cover letter being the first page followed by the CV (resume) and other documents if any.
- Please provide us three names with their contact addresses as references.
- Send only one attachment with the file name format: “your full names_ Health Management and Administration Advisor.pdf”
- Applications not conforming to the above directions will NOT be considered
- No phone calls please and only short listed applicants will be contacted.
- This vacancy is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia are encouraged to apply.
- Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply as JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.
For more vacancy alerts like this JSI Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram