Global Korea Scholarship 2023 | Fully Funded, February 26 2023
Global Korea Scholarship is designed to provide international students with opportunities to study at higher educational institutions in Korea in pursuit of academic degrees, which will enhance international education exchange and deepen mutual friendship between Korea and participating countries
※ As Korean Government Scholarship Programs have been integrated and branded as Global Korea Scholarship in 2010, the name has been changed to GKS (Global Korea Scholarship)
In 2023, Korean government aims to invite 1,300 international students for 2023 Global Korea Scholarship program for graduate degrees.
1 year of Korean language program+ 2 years of degree program
1 year of Korean language program+ 3 years of degree program
6 months or 1 year
Available Fields of Study
– All academic fields established by the GKS participating universities
– Academic programs offered during evenings (night school), short-term programs, online and distant-learning programs are not applicable in this scholarship program.
– Applicants can only apply to the universities and departments that are listed in the “University Information‟ file attached under the GKS Notice post in Study in Korea
website. (www.studyinkorea.go.kr > Scholarship > GKS Notice)
Available Universities by Type
Type A (30 institutions)
Ajou University, Chung-Ang University, Dankook University, Dongguk University, Duksung Women’s University, Ewha Womans University, GIST (Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology), Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Hanyang University ERICA, Hanyang University (Seoul), Inha University, KAIST (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology), KDI School of Public Policy and Management, Konkuk University, Kookmin University, Korea University, Kyung Hee University, POSTECH (Pohang University of Science and Technology), Seokyeong University, Seoul National University, SeoulTech (Seoul National University of Science and Technology), Sogang University, Sookmyung Women’s University, Soongsil University, Sungkyunkwan University, Sungshin Women’s University, Tech University of Korea, UNIST (Ulsan National Institute of Science and Techology), University of Seoul, Yonsei University
Type B (35
Andong National University, Busan University of Foreign Studies, Changwon National University, Chonnam National University, Chungbuk National University, Chungnam National University, Daegu University, Daejeon University, Dong-A University, Dongseo University, Gangneung Wonju National University, Gyeongsang National University, Hannam University, Hoseo University, Inje University, Jeju National University, Jeonbuk National University, Kangwon National University, Keimyung University, Kongju National University, Konyang University, KOREATECH (Korea University of Technology and Education), Kunsan National University, Kyungpook National University, Mokwon University, National Korea Maritime & Ocean University, Pai Chai University, Pukyong National University, Pusan National University, Semyung University, Silla University, Soonchunhyang University, Sun Moon University, Sunchon National University, Yeungnam University
Benefits of the Korean Government Scholarship 2023:
The fully-funded scholarship in South Korea covers all expenses of the selected students. The scholarship will cover:
- Airfare (Return Air Ticket)
- Settlement Allowance: 200,000 KRW (offered once after entry to Korea)
- Monthly Allowance: (Degree Program) 900,000 KRW per month, (Research Program) 1,500,000 KRW per month
- Research Allowance
- Liberal Arts and Social Science majors: 210,000 KRW per semester
- Natural Science and Engineering majors: 240,000 KRW per semester
- 1-Year Korean Language Training Fee: Fully covered
- Degree Program Tuition: Fully covered
- Research Support Fees
- Medical Insurance will be covered.
- Korean Proficiency Grants: 100,000 KRW per month
– All applicants must hold citizenship of NIIED designated countries that are invited to take part in the GKS program
- Applicants‟ parents (or legal guardians) must hold citizenship from another country other than Korea. If applicants or their parent hold dual citizenship (one who has both Korean citizenship and citizenship of another country), such
applicant is NOT eligible to apply
- Applicants and their parents who had previously held Korean citizenship must submit documentation issued by the Korean government that proves their renunciation of Korean citizenship
- If an applicant‟s citizenship is changed during the selection process, he or she will be excluded from the evaluation. (Not applicable to R&D program)
※ For Overseas Korean applicants in an embassy track holding Japanese citizenship, if their parents
hold „Permanent Residency Permit‟ within Japan while holding Korean citizenship, they are
exceptionally eligible to apply
※ Applicants from all countries around the world can apply to R&D program
◈ Korean citizens are not eligible to apply.
◈ A candidate applying for a graduate program must be under the age of 40 years.
◈ Master’s Program Applicant: Must hold a bachelor‟s degree or a level of education
◈ equivalent to or higher than a bachelor‟s degree.
◈ Doctoral Program Applicant: Must hold a master‟s degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a master‟s degree.
◈ Research Program Applicant: Must have received an invitation from one of the partner universities.
◈ A person who has already availed of the Korean scholarship is not eligible to apply.
◈ A candidate should be in good health.
Required Documents for GKS South Korea Scholarship 2023:
- Recommendation letters
- Attested transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Published books
- Certificate of Proficiency
- Medical Assessment form
How to Apply for the Global Korea Scholarship 2023?
There are two ways to apply for the Korean Government Scholarship Program 2023. Either to the Korean Embassy of your country or directly to the domestic university of Korea.
- While applying to the Korean embassy, a candidate needs to dispatch original or attested documents to the embassy.
- On the other hand, applying directly to the university requires a candidate to submit all documents to the domestic university.
- An applicant applying via the embassy can apply to 3 universities whereas an applicant applying directly to the university can apply only to 1 university.
- Students passing round two of the Embassy track process should not consider it the final selection.
Some details from Korean Embassy in Ethiopia
The National Institute for International Education (NIIED) of the Republic of Korea is looking for students who want to join “2023 Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) Program for Graduates Degrees.” If you are interested in the program, please submit the required documents to the Korean Embassy by 6 March, 17:00. The detailed information and guidelines are attached.
1. Number of Expected Students (Embassy Track) : Total 6 students
※ Students can also apply for the university track following the attached guideline.
– In this case, the application form should be submitted to the universities, not the Embassy.
2. How to Apply & Process
ㅇ All applicants should submit all the required documents to the Embassy (visit in person or by post mail) by 6 March, 17:00 (international time).
※ Online application is not available.
※ Post mails should arrive at the Embassy by the deadline.
ㅇ For those who passed the screening, the Embassy will contact to set up a schedule for interview (in the third week of March)
※ All interviewees should submit all the required documents to the Embassy before his/her interview, and if not, he/she may not be able to attend the interview.
ㅇ Final Candidates will be informed around the fourth week of March (20 Mar ~ 24 Mar).
KOREAN EMBASSY IN ETHIOPIA ANNOUNCEMENT
For more Scholarship alerts like Global Korea Scholarship 2023, join us on Telegram