Field Coordinator (for Hygiene and Sanitation Project), People In Need – PIN Vacancy Announcement; September 21 2023
Organization: People In Need – PIN
Position: Field Coordinator (for Hygiene and Sanitation Project)
Location: Hawassa, with frequent travel to Hawassa Zuriya and other woredas of Sidama Regions of Ethiopia.
Employment: Full time
Salary: 30,140 Birr
Deadline: September 26, 2023
People in Need (PIN) currently is seeking energetic, disciplined, responsible Field Coordinator for the specific project entitled “Improving health, hygiene, and sanitation in the Hawassa Zuriya woreda, Sidama Region, Ethiopia.”
Length of Contract: Definite until December 31/2024
Directly responsible to: Project Manager
The Field Coordinator is primarily responsible for coordinating “Improving health, hygiene and sanitation in the Hawassa Zuriya woreda, Sidama region, Ethiopia)’’ project activities in collaboration with stakeholders under the supervision of the project manager.
Specifically, the following main duties are the responsibilities of the field coordinator:
- Overall responsibility for the planning, managing, coordination, and regular monitoring to ensure smooth and fast implementation of the project activities.
- Manage efficient use of budget at the field level.
- Ensure quality project delivery at the field level of the project cycle management in line with the national WASH and Nutrition implementation guidelines and policies.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and manage the Woreda health office integrated information database for selected WASH and Dietary practices of targeted communities.
- Work closely with woreda WASH Steering Committee members, and project focal at health facilities to ensure quality of Project delivery.
- Responsible for compliance to organizational and statutory policies and laws on People and Culture legality matters and also has the responsibility to support in ensuring compliance along with the FRM officer of PIN.
- Responsible for networking, field-level planning, implementing and strengthening partnerships, and mainstreaming of child-centered and women-focused community development at woreda and kebele levels.
- Provide technical support and ensure technical soundness and appropriateness in the selection of effective strategic options that will help to address WASH and Dietary problems of the community in due time.
- Provide technical support for health facilities, schools, and health posts to develop an operational action plan to achieve improved water, hygiene, sanitation, and dietary practices at facility and community levels.
- Ensure effective and efficient thematic area coordination in consultation with the project Manager and other project staff.
- ensures smooth teamwork within and across the project or program area/working team at the field office level while enhancing integration among other programs.
- Manage and organize training, workshops, and meetings that concern the project at field levels.
- Responsible to coordinate, facilitate and collaborate with other WASH programs teams to ensure the project’s effectiveness in due time.
- Supervise and coordinate need assessments, baseline, Midterm, end-line studies, final evaluation, data collections for Barrier analysis and formative research
- Serve as a principal representative to WaSH thematic networks and clusters in the field that has relevance to the project implementation, to create collaborative and positive partnerships.
- Ensuring mainstreaming of cross-cutting issues mainly gender, environment, HIV&AIDS, and disability in responses and also the adoption of important approaches from PIN’s pertinent initiatives.
- Identify, record, and communicate best practices and case stories in WaSH project implementation
- Plan, request, and follow up purchase and delivery of materials for the project (in collaboration with procurement and logistics)
- Facilitate different awareness-raising community meetings, campaigns, and events in collaboration with stakeholders
- Facilitate experience-sharing sessions, exposure visits, and other hygiene and dietary promotion-related events conducted in the targeted kebeles.
Communication, Reporting, and Networking
- Organize and document beneficiaries’ profiles and progress information and share them with the project manager and team members in a timely manner.
- Prepare and share quality and professional reports including case studies and lessons learned, training, workshop, meeting, and campaign reports.
- Plan and submit weekly logistics and cash needs to the sanitation project manager
- Communicate regularly with project stakeholders and partners.
- Communicate project achievements, best practices, and challenges to Hospitals, Health Centers, and woreda health offices office regularly and continuously.
Monitoring and evaluation
- Monitor project implementation processes, coordinate evaluations, share learnings, and document best practices.
- Close monitoring and follow-up for smooth and on-time project implementation.
- Ensure that all important and relevant documents are organized and documented systematically in both soft and hard copies.
- Suggest improvements in project quality, relevance, and efficiency.
- Maintaining a smooth and professional relationship with project stakeholders
- Ensures correctness and completeness of information acquired and delivered.
- Perform other assignments corresponding to the actual needs of the mission, program, units, and project up on request of the line manager/CMT (Country Management team)
- Substitute other related staffs during absence while assigned by the line Manager
- Understand and Adhere to all PIN and donor guidelines and policies, with a special focus on safeguarding and protection policies.
Accountability and Safeguarding including Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment (SEAH)
- Carry out the duties in accordance with the PIN Code of Conduct and Key policies.
- Participate in training and awareness raising (CoC and KP, Safeguarding…).
- Ensure that his/her team members attend training and awareness sessions and carry out the duties in accordance with PIN Code of Conduct and Key policies.
- Ensure that due diligence and/or capacity assessments of partners include an assessment of partners’ implementation of key safeguarding and risk policies/ procedure including the prevention of SEAH.
- Create and maintain a fulfilling and protective environment.
- Other assignments corresponding to actual needs of the project, program or mission up on the request of line manager/CMT member
- Standard work schedule of 40 hours per week from Monday to Friday
- Per diems for working and Accommodation outside of the duty office depending on the location
- Transport Allowance
- Bank loan facilities
- 20 days of paid annual and after 5 years of work an extra paid day for every year
- Extra days of paid leaves for selected holidays
- Medical insurance, including spouse and children
- Accident insurance for all injuries during work time based on the law
- Paternity leave of extra 2 paid days above the mandatory 3 days
- Maternity leave according to the law and extra financial motherhood support
- Monthly mobile phone hybrid tariff
- PIN supports fast career growth and internal mobility
- International environment with opportunities to learn from other PIN’s country programs
- Extensive Capacity Building program, both internal and external trainings, including the Induction training
- Internal online learning opportunities, such as access to PIN’s e-learning platform and webinars
- Annual staff retreat
- Friendly and fair work environment with small collective where everyone knows each other
- Minimum of BSC Degree in Public Health, Environmental health, WaSH and Health related and relevant fields of studies
- At least Four years related Experience in the sector.
Specific experience and skills required
- Experience in WASH related sectors
- Community mobilization in WASH
- Experience in school and health sanitation
- Experience in international NGO’S is Advantageous
How to Apply
- Interested applicants for the position should send their CV and Cover letter as soon as possible via the following link: Apply to: Field Coordinator for Hygiene and Sanitation Project until September 26/2023
- Should any information needed please contact using: email@example.com
- People in Need is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct and committed to promoting the welfare of children and adults with whom People in Need engages /is in contact with. People in Need expects all staff to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need code of conduct and key policies (available at: https://www.peopleinneed.net/key-policies-4142gp People in Need Staff will undertake the appropriate level of training.
- All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
- We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
- Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more vacancy alerts like this People In Need – PIN Vacancy join us on Telegram