FHI360 Vacancy Announcement, May 4, 2023
Position: Consultant for Supporting Acceleration Plan
Experience Level: Not Specified
Number of Positions: 15
Date of Announcement: May 3, 2023
Deadline: May 12 2023
CONSULTANTS’ SCOPE OF WORK
To support Acceleration Plan USAID Healthy Behaviours Activity
The USAID Healthy Behaviors Activity (U-HB) is managed by FHI 360 with its partners, ActionAid Ethiopia; Zeleman Communications, Advertising, and Production; and Fraym. U-HB works to increase the sustained adoption of appropriate health and nutrition behaviors in Ethiopia using evidence-based, theory-informed social and behavior change (SBC) strategies. It does so with the goal of contributing to reductions in unmet need for family planning (FP); reduced malaria-related morbidity and mortality, and its elimination; and improvements in maternal, newborn, and child health (MNCH) outcomes. It also supports other priority health needs related to nutrition; water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH), and emerging infectious diseases (EID), like COVID-19; and works to transform social and gender norms that impede healthy behaviors and drive poor health outcomes across health areas.
FHI 360 is looking for “Individual Consultants” to support an upcoming accelerated plan in four regions – Benshangul Gumz, Gambella, Oromia and Amhara. The main goal of this plan is to reach households and community groups in the target woredas with messages on family planning, MNCH, malaria and COVID-19. The social mobilization activities will deliver these messages to different audiences. The individual consultants will work closely with the USAID Healthy Behaviours Activity regional technical hub team to carry out various tasks; such as organizing region-level launch and woreda-level plan harmonization workshops, training facilitators and social mobilization facilitators, and monitoring the implementation of the social mobilization activities at household and community levels. This consultancy work will run from 15 May to 31 July, 2023. The consultants will be responsible for planning, leading, and reporting on the activities. The community-level social mobilization activities are expected to start in the fourth week of May 2023.
SCOPE OF WORK
In close coordination with the USAID Healthy Behaviours Activity’s Regional Technical Hub teams, the consultants will be expected to accomplish the below tasks:
Task 1: Support the organization of woreda level social mobilization plan harmonization workshop
- Participate in planning the harmonization workshop with the USAID healthy behavior team.
- Participate in the identification of topics and agenda for the plan harmonization workshop.
- Finalize the workshop agenda and submit it to USAID Healthy Behaviors Activity.
- Assist the USAID healthy behavior team in identifying relevant participants at the woreda level for the plan harmonization workshop.
- Support the identification of required materials for the workshop.
- Actively support the smooth organization of the workshop event.
- Document all workshop-related processes and key outcomes and recommendations.
- Compile plans and submit them to the USAID Healthy Behaviors Activity team for decision.
- Submit a standardized report to USAID Healthy Behaviors Activity.
- Ensure the inclusion of participatory activities designed to contribute to the achievement of the workshop objectives.
- Design a social mobilization activity plan and implementation modalities for each woreda based on the findings of the social mobilization harmonization workshop.
Task 2: Facilitate training of community-level social mobilizers
- Actively participate in three (3) days long training of the consultants that will enable them successfully lead the training of the community-level social mobilizers, which will be organized by the USAID Healthy Behaviors Activity team.
- Design training for community-level social mobilizers.
- Participate in the identification of relevant participants for the training.
- Conduct the training of the social mobilizers at assigned woreda towns.
- Support the community-level social mobilizers to develop major social mobilization activities and implementation modalities, and agree on targets.
- Collect the agreed plans and deliverable targets of social mobilizers and submit them to the USAID Healthy Behaviors Activity team.
- Document all the workshop processes and outcomes, possibly with supported pictures, audio and visual files.
- Submit a report to USAID Healthy Behaviors Activity.
Task 3: Make a follow-up of the household and community-level social mobilization activities
- Make daily travel to the kebeles and make on-site visits to social mobilization activities.
- Submit a weekly based report to the USAID Healthy Behaviors Activity team on the overall status and activities delivered by the social mobilizers.
- Document success stories as per the standard and submit them to the USAID Healthy Behaviors Activity team.
Task 4: Develop the post-consultancy report and submit it to the USAID Healthy Behaviors Activity team
- Submit a draft report to the USAID Healthy Behaviors Activity team.
- Submit a final report containing all activities of the consultancy work by incorporating inputs from the USAID Healthy Behaviors Activity team.
DELIVERABLES/ MILESTONES & DUE DATES:
|Task||Activity||Deliverable(s)||Estimated due/ Performance dates|
|1||Organization of woreda-level social mobilization plan harmonization workshop|
|· Planning of the harmonization workshop/identification of agenda, relevant tools/materials, participants and development of session plan/||o/a May 15-18|
|· Workshop event|
|· Submit major plans|
|· Submit standardized report|
|· Design major social mobilization activity plan and implementation modalities to be implemented at woreda-levels and agree with USAID Healthy Behaviors Activity team|
|2||Training of community-level social mobilizers|
|· Facilitation training for consultants||o/a May 18-20|
|· Travel to assigned woredas|
|· Design a training for community-level social mobilizers / identification of relevant participants|
|· Woreda-level training for social mobilizers|
|· Submission of community-level social mobilization plan and report to USAID Healthy Behaviors Activity team.|
|3||Field-level follow up of social mobilization activities.|
|· Make onsite visit of social mobilization activities by social mobilizers.||May 23 – July 24|
|· Submit a weekly based report to USAID Healthy Behaviors Activity team the overall status and activities delivered by the social mobilizers.|
· Document success stories as per the standard and submit to USAID Healthy Behaviors Activity team
|4||Develop the post-consultancy report and submit to USAID Healthy Behaviors Activity team||· Draft Report||July 22|
|· Final Report incorporating U-HB comments||July 28|
Travel expenses will be provided by FHI 360
Period of Performance: o/a May 15 – July 30
Location of work:
|Region||Based in [Town]||# of consultants required|
|Oromia||‒ Woliso town|
|Benshangul Gumz||‒ Assosa Town|
‒ Beles (Metekel Zone)
|Gambella||‒ Gambella Town|
|Amhara||‒ Bahir Dar|
FHI360 Vacancy Announcement 2023
Qualifications and Experience
At the minimum, the Facilitator must demonstrate:
- Master of public health or relevant field of study
- Demonstrable experience in SBC, mainly active engagement in social mobilization activities
- Dependable experience in facilitating training, discussions and dialogues, especially at community level.
- Good track of record working with regional and woreda public health structures is added asset
- Experience working with International NGOs, multinational companies, local and national government agencies and communities
- Experience with USAID
- Writing and speaking local languages (Afan Oromo, Agnuak/Nuer, Gumz, and Amharic) is mandatory
FHI360 Vacancy Announcement 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their application & updated CV through HREthiopia@fhi360.org before/on May 12, 2023.
FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Please make sure you write your preference area of work as detailed out in the scope of work in the subject line. Failure to do so will lead to application disqualify.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more vacancy alerts like this FHI360 Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram