Job By: Ethiopian Public Health Institute
- Job Title: Supervisor
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Experience Level: Senior(12 years)
- Number of Position: 01
- Employment Type: Contract
- Salary: As per company scale
- Deadline Date: March 4, 2023
Ethiopian Public Health Institute (EPHI) is a technical arm of the Ethiopian Federal Ministry of Health. The institute is responsible to conduct research in health and nutrition, manage public health emergencies and build capacity of laboratory services available in the country. Currently, the institute in collaboration with other organizations is leading the COVID-19 preparedness and response activities. Research directorates in the institute are closely working with the emergency operation center to generate evidence to guide program activities.
In addition, COVID-19 research and technology transfer steering committee was established with the intension to support the COVID-19 evidence generation to support the disease response process and create resilient system to combat future pandemic. Quite a number of researches are being conducted under the umbrella of the steering committee. EPHI would like to recruit research supervisors who will support the steering committee work. The incumbent will closely work, facilitate, and liaison with relevant stakeholders.
- Cohort study data collection at facilities
- Facilitate all required lab supplies for all study centers
- Responsible for arranging sample storage places in EPHI, and in transporting samples from regions and Addis Ababa,
- Provide bi-weekly report on the progress of the study, challenges and gaps to the coordinator, principal investigator.
- Responsible to ensure proper data transfer through cross checking data at center (EPHI) with the data sent from the study center via RedCap.
- Responsible to manage and do follow up on petty cash utilization
- Provide support to write manuscripts, technical reports from research findings
- Support other Operations Researches and related activities as needed
Qualification and Experience:
- BSC with diploma background
- Graduate degree in nursing, with diploma.
- The incumbent must have experience of at least 12 years in work in a recognized academic /research institute. Female applicants are highly encouraged.
How to Apply
Note Interested applicants can register in Online through only ethiojobs.net send their CVs and relevant documents at the address given below within 10 working days from the first appearance of the announcement
Remarks: Please attach copies of transcripts, academic degree or recommendation letters together with the application. If not attached the copies you may be not short listed