Emergency Response Manager – Norwegian Refugee Council Vacancy Announcement, July 30 2023
Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council
Position: Emergency Response Manager
Location: Addis Ababa
Employment: Full time
Date of Announcement: 07/28/2023
The Emergency Response Manager (ERM) shall be responsible for leading and managing the Emergency Response Team (ERT) and associated emergency programs. The ERM will ensure quality and effective emergency response programme. The ERM has overall responsibility for the security and wellbeing of ERT staff.
Responsibilities and Tasks;
- Ensure emergency assessments are executed and from them integrated emergency response plans; implementation and exit strategies are developed.
- Coordinate the development of all project implementation plans and budgets within the framework of the agreed emergency response programme and strategy.
- Maintain ongoing surveillance of the developing humanitarian emergency situation and adjust activities accordingly.
- Ensure that different sectoral activities are implemented in a coordinated and cohesive manner.
- Ensure adequate monitoring, reporting and acquittal of emergency activities within the country, and the timely provision of situation reports and fundraising material
- Ensure emergency activities are carried out in accordance with the Sphere Minimum Standards and Humanitarian Charter in disaster response, NRC values and the Red Cross Code of Conduct.
- Conduct performance appraisals of Emergency Response Team staff and ensure regular feedback and mentoring on individual performance.
- Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with other NGOs, UN agencies, host government, bilateral and multilateral donors, and other principle stakeholders.
- Represent NRC in meetings with government officials, cluster members, donor representatives, other NGOs, the UN etc as required.
Experience and Qualifications;
- At least five years’ experience working for a reputable international humanitarian and development organization.
- BA degree in related field
- Experience in management of slow onset disasters in a conflict or post conflict environment preferably in the Greater Horn of Africa and Yemen;
- Experience in working in multi-country disaster preparedness, response and recovery programming.
- Direct experience of working with children and young people and in understanding and responding to their needs and rights;
- Strong coordination skills in programming, resource management and safety and security;
- Ability to think strategically, but also result oriented and get things done;
- Strong planning, monitoring and organizational skills with good knowledge of the use of logical and result-based monitoring and evaluation frameworks;
- Very strong analytically and excellent proposal and report writing skills, with close attention to details;
- Documented experience as a trainer/facilitator on humanitarian issues and staff mentoring
- Experience of working with institutional donors/fundraisers;
For more details, here is the job description.
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Type of Contract: 12 Months renewable based on funding, performance, and the need for position
Salary: Based upon the NRC grading Scale
This position is open to qualified candidates of Ethiopian nationality only!