Digital health – Intern, JSI Vacancy Announcement; May 17 2023
Position: Digital health – Intern
Location: Addis Ababa
Deadline: May 24, 2023
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management firm, headquartered in the United States, dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. JSI has been implementing public health work in Ethiopia for over 25 years.
JSI is implementing the five-year Digital Health Activity in Ethiopia, which is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The purpose of this Activity is to support the Government of Ethiopia (GOE) to improve the quality of health services and create a sustainable healthcare system through the use of data for decision-making, as well as to provide similar services to other countries in Africa or to respond to a crisis in Ethiopia (as needed). The primary objectives of the Activity are to 1) support information technology systems and data repositories at all levels; 2) build a culture of data use; and 3) improve the capacity and governance of MOH health information systems management.
The successful candidates will work closely with our team to support the development and implementation of digital health solutions that improve healthcare delivery and health outcomes. The internship program provides an opportunity to gain hands-on experience in digital health technologies and contribute to meaningful projects.
Job Title: Digital health – Intern
Position Type: Internship
Reports to: Activity managers / Project managers / Directors
Posting Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Number required: 3
Specific responsibilities of an intern will include, but is not limited to the following:
· Assist in the development and implementation of digital health solutions
· Assist in different training and capacity-building programs for end users
· Support end users of a system and collect feedbacks that can be used as input by the development team
· Support data collection, analysis, and reporting for digital health projects
· Conduct literature reviews and research on digital health topics
· Collaborate with team members and stakeholders to ensure project success
· Participate in meetings and provide updates on project progress
· Assist with project documentation and reporting
· Contribute to the development of project proposals and presentations
Applicants for this position should possess the following qualifications:
● Enrolled or fresh graduates in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Public Health, Health Informatics, Computer Science, or a related field
● Strong interest in digital health technologies and their potential to improve healthcare delivery and health outcomes
● Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
● Willingness to learn and apply new technologies and skills
● Experience with data collection, analysis, and reporting
● Experience with project management tools and methodologies (such as Agile/Scrum and JIRA)
● Knowledge of statistical analysis and data visualization tools (such as R and Tableau)
JSI/WEI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D.
JSI is a child-safe organization, and the safety and well-being of children is a priority of our organization. We have robust recruitment procedures to ensure that all staff are suited to work with the children served by our programs.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should follow the below instruction and apply through the online application form no later than May 24, 2023.
1. Fill out the online application form using this form: Online application form. If you don’t fill the online application form, your application will not be considered.
2. Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
3. You must include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. If this is not included, your application will not be considered.
4. Any application received after the closing date will not be considered.
Application deadline: May 24, 2023
For more vacancy alerts like this JSI Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram