Nutrition Expert, CEFA Onlus – Ethiopia Vacancy Announcement; May 17 2023
Organization: CEFA Onlus – Ethiopia
Position: Nutrition Expert
Employment: Full time
Deadline: May 25, 2023
CEFA (European Committee for Training and Agriculture) is a Non-Government Organization whose headquarter is in Bologna, Italy. CEFA works in North/East Africa and Latin America with international donors, mainly in the following activities: 1) Rural economy with production, transformation and commercialization of agricultural products; 2) Crafting products; 3) Basic infrastructures to guarantee water access, re qualification and environment protection of the territory and the use of renewable energies; 4) Technical and Management training. In Ethiopia CEFA is registered since April 2018.
About the position
As a Nutrition Expert, the successful candidate would be responsible for ensuring that the nutritional needs of refugees in camps located in Gambella are being met through evidence-based and effective nutrition programs. This would involve conducting nutrition assessments and surveys to identify the nutritional needs of refugees, providing technical guidance and support to local partners and stakeholders on the design and implementation of nutrition activity, and monitoring and evaluating the impact of these Activity on the health and wellbeing of refugees.
The Nutrition Expert would be expected to work closely with local partners and stakeholders to ensure that activities are implemented in a way that is sensitive to cultural and social norms in the camps, and that promotes gender equality and social inclusion. The successful candidate would also be responsible for providing training and capacity building support to local staff and partners on nutrition-related topics.
Therefore, our organization is seeking a highly qualified and experienced Nutrition Expert to join our team in Gambella Refugee Camps.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conducting nutrition assessments and surveys to identify the nutritional needs of refugees in the camps.
- Providing technical support and guidance to local partners and stakeholders on the design and implementation of nutrition programs.
- Developing and implementing nutrition education and awareness campaigns for refugees and local communities.
- Monitoring and evaluating the impact of nutrition programs on the health and wellbeing of refugees.
- Providing training and capacity building support to local staff and partners on nutrition-related topics.
- Collaborating with other stakeholders and partners to ensure a coordinated and integrated approach to nutrition programming in the camps.
- Writing reports and other documents to communicate program results and recommendations to stakeholders and donors.
- The design and implementation of nutrition programs are evidence-based and aligned with international standards and guidelines.
- The nutritional needs of refugees, particularly women and children, are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- The program is implemented in a way that promotes gender equality and social inclusion.
- The program is monitored and evaluated regularly to ensure its effectiveness and impact.
- The program is implemented in a way that is sensitive to cultural and social norms in the camps.
- A BSc or MSc degree in nutrition, public health or a related field.
- At least 4/6 years of experience designing and implementing nutrition programs in emergency or refugee settings.
- Experience conducting nutrition assessments and surveys using standard methodologies.
- Experience working with local partners and stakeholders to design and implement nutrition programs.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English is required, and knowledge of other relevant languages is an asset.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter, highlighting your relevant experience and qualifications, to ethio jobs platform. Deadline for submission of applications is 25/05/2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Our organization is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion, and gender equality in our workplace. We encourage qualified candidates, particularly women, to apply.
For more vacancy alerts like this CEFA Onlus – Ethiopia Vacancy Announcement, join us on Telegram