Data Collector – JSI Vacancy Announcement, June 20 2023
Position: Data collector – Amhara, Data collector – Tigray, Data collector – Oromia, Data collector – SNNPR, Data collector – Sidama, Data collector – South West Ethiopia Region, Data collection supervisor -Tigray
Location: Tigray ,South West Ethiopia Region ,Sidama, SNNPR, Oromia , Amhara
Deadline: June 29 2023
JSI is a US-based public health nonprofit organization dedicated to providing high-quality technical and managerial assistance programs throughout the world. In Ethiopia, JSI has been working to improve health outcomes for more than 25 years, implementing more than 60 projects and working in every region. JSI has historically managed a large portfolio of projects focusing on the quality, and equity in access of, RMNCAH services, primary health care (PHC) including community health program, digital health, health information systems (HIS), supply chain management, public health emergency responses, and social and behavior change.
USAID Quality Healthcare Activity (QHA) aims at improving health outcomes through improved readiness of health facilities to deliver quality reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health (RMNCAH) services, increased management and accountability for quality service delivery, and restoration of services in health facilities in conflict-affected areas. QHA’s strategies and implementation approaches will help Ethiopia’s government build responsive, resilient, and sustainable public and private healthcare systems. QHA will cover urban and peri-urban primary health care units (PHCU) and referral health facilities in select regions and woredas. The Activity, through funding support from USAID, will be implemented by JSI in collaboration with the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI), MSI Reproductive Choices (MSI), Project HOPE, and Network of Ethiopian Women’s Associations (NEWA) for five years (May 01, 2023 – April 30, 2028)
The data collection consultant will be closely supervised and report to the Supervisor. The core task will be to assist the manager to conduct survey successfully.
Conduct data collection using the provided data collection tools.
- Conduct survey on selected sites
- Interview the identified key informants within the project area.
- Document all the findings in the provided data collection tools.
- Compiling and sorting the filled data collection tools as directed by the supervisor.
- Ensure collected data is accurately recorded.
- Capture data using digital data entry technology provided.
- Ensure anonymity of respondents and develop relationship of trust and safe space during data collection exercise with respondents.
- Identify and report any challenges faced that could affect the quality of the data.
- Take responsibility for Activity equipment that you may be entrusted with.
- Follow confidentiality and security procedures to ensure respondent privacy is protected.
Regular update and reporting
- Present the data to the supervisor at the end of each day.
- Report to the supervisor before and after day’s work for further direction. Ensure handling in all the completed questionnaires for the day to the supervisor.
- Report any unusual situations to the supervisor and survey managers on a daily basis.
- Ensure that enumerator checklist is complete.
- Ensure that all equipment are accounted for.
- A minimum of first degree in health and health related fields
- At least two years of data collection experience
- Ability to work as part of a diverse and dynamic team
- Experience in working with various data collection tools such as ODK, Survey CTO
- Ability to use speak and read English
- Ability to speak local language
How to Apply
Interested applicants who met the minimum requirements should send and apply at WWW. Ethiojobs.net. please submit your application letter with your CV in English detailing your experience and skills that are relevant to the post.
Please do not attach copies of your transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You will provide them upon request.
JSI/WEI is a child-safe organization, and the safety and well-being of children is a priority of our organization. We have robust recruitment procedures to ensure that all staff are suited to work with the children served by our programs.
JSI/WEI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
For more vacancy alerts like this JSI Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram