Coordinator, SRH Project – Population Services International (PSI) Vacancy Announcement, April 7, 2023
Organization: Population Services International (PSI)
Position: Coordinator, SRH Project
Employment: Full Time
Location: Adama, Tarcha, SWEP and Dessie
Experience Level: Mid Level ( 4-6 years experience)
Number of Positions: 3
Date of Announcement: April 6, 2023
Deadline: April 21, 2023
Reports to: Associate Scale Up Manager – RISE or IFI Manager
Based in: Adama Field Office
Tarcha, SWEP-Reginal Health Bureau
Dessie Field Office
Required Number: One for each location
Duration of contract: Indefinite based on performance and availability of funds
Remuneration: As per organization pay scale plus other PSI Ethiopia staff benefits.
Application Deadline: April 21, 2023
Who we are?
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non‐profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing. We are a $560m enterprise based in Washington, DC, operating in the private and public sectors in more than 65 countries.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI/Ethiopia wants to reimagine healthcare, put the consumer at the center, and whenever possible, bring quality care to the front door. We achieve health impact in Ethiopia by working with both government and private partners and harvesting technology innovation to bring quality care closer to communities, schools, and homes. We empower consumers by including them in the design of healthcare solutions, offering them more healthcare choices, and helping them to have a voice in influencing national priorities. We work with all market actors in the health system to understand their needs, designing and delivering solutions so that market systems can sustainably serve consumers for the long term, helping to support the Government of Ethiopia in achieving Universal Health Coverage.
We are looking for SRH project coordinator to support PSI SRH activities in the assigned implementation sites including the Smart Start Scale up Program called RISE (Roadmap to Integrate Smart Start in Ethiopia). This includes support the day-to-day operation of RISE which is a scale up and institutionalization program that involves geographic expansion as well as system influence to embed the Smart Start Innovation in the Ethiopian Public Health System. Under the supervision of the RISE Associate Scale Up Manager( or IFI Manager in the case of Dessie assignment), the project coordinator will be primarily responsible, for the quality implementation of SRH project activities including RISE in the assigned implementation sites/zones.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
You will work under the direct supervision of Associate Scale Up manager – RISE or IFI Manager. More specifically, your role and responsibility shall focus on:
- Provide Technical Assistance (TA) on the seamless integration of smart start activities and indicators into the RHB’s( or Zone) work plan, budget, training curricula, monitoring, evaluation and reporting system.
- Support on the promotion and implementation of the national AYH strategy in the region s/he is assigned to work.
- Lead the alignment and cascade of guidance/direction provided by the RISE and MOH leadership, and PSI/E senior leadership in close consultation with the regional Health Bureaus
- Support strengthening of the relevant AYH and FP TWGs that will support the institutionalization process of RISE at different levels.
- Follow and monitoring of RISE to ensure that Smart Start is incorporated and reflected in pre-services and the revised IRT cascade trainings.
- Assist the design, institutionalization, and implementation of Smart start into local contexts and integrated into the existing system.
- Coordinate and oversee the scale up and expansion of the Smart Start in all woredas targeted for the RISE activities.
- Orient, train, coach, and mentor RHBs, ZHDs and woreda health offices staffs and PHCU teams who are involved in Smart Start integration and scale up activities.
- Ensuring that joint supportive supervisions are conducted as per the plan using the appropriate standards and tools.
- Ensure integration and alignment of RISE in the annual work plans of the RHB ( or Zone)and districts and support the implementation of planned activities.
- Support the establishment and functionality of RISE steering committee at regional and districts level and make follow ups to conduct regular meetings per the agreed TOR.
- Closely workings with the RISE Associated Manger and the teams to track the impact of system influence, scale up, ownership and sustainability over time.
Smart start services delivery
- In collaboration with woreda health offices and PHCUs conduct monthly health post-support visits.
- Provide mentoring and coaching support to HEWs and healthcare providers at PHCUs.
- Ensure that visits are performance-driven and geared towards supporting HPs with poor performance within a quarter.
- Develop quarterly revisions based on monthly Data-to-Action (D2A) outcomes.
- Develop a checklist that shall be used to identify issues related to all technical areas (QA, MERL, SC).
- Provide regular feedback to PHCUs, and woreda health offices. And support them to draw action points.
- Analyze findings and share learnings for course correction, and continued improvement.
- Provide TA to ensure that HPs and HCs are reporting an increased number of new and continuing adopters of modern contraceptive methods.
Quality of Care
- Implement the quality assurance (QA)/ Quality improvement (QI) of RISE jointly with the regional and district level health bureaus.
- Support Strengthening of the quality of care of family planning services through smart start counselling including undertaking assessment to identify gaps, developing, and implementing action.
- Ensuring quality of service and the girl’s safety is always at the center of every single activity.
- Work with the Quality Assurance manager cascade the QA/QI tools, SOPs, assets and tracking systems at regional and district level.
- Support Quality Audit activities at regional and district level jointly with the health providers.
- Ensure equitable and quality service delivery on adolescent’s access to modern contraception in accordance with the designed SMART START tools; in compliance with MOH rules and regulations and national guidelines and work closely with government stakeholders to create quality agreements, ensure quality standards are met, and resolve issues related to quality service delivery promptly and effectively.
- Develop and ensure timely execution of the quality audit Plan, coordinate regulatory inspections, and report significant SMART START design fidelity issues and standard clinical quality deficiencies to responsible bodies.
- Generate insight on the experience of married adolescent girls to track on whether they are getting quality service or not.
- In close collaboration with the training and learning advisor and AYSRH at Hawasa IFI, is expected to plan and execute all the training requirements at regional and district level.
- In close coordination with regional health bureau and woreda health offices and other partners, lead and coordinate the planning and cascade of Smart start training.
- Ensure the proper and timely implementation and quality of IRT TOT and roll out, and the pre-services training.
- Support the integration of smart start training into the HEWs pre-services training curriculum in the region.
- Ensure that the PHCUs and woreda health offices own and integrate smart start training into their plan.
- Mentorship and coaching of HEWs: regularly observe patient-client sessions and provide on-job training and feedback to HEWs and coach them on areas for improvement.
- Maintain the IRT training database and provoke analysis to make some important decisions.
- Pre-services HEWs training on smart start: engage with health science colleges and provide TA.
- Orientation/ training of Women Developmental Agents (WDAs) and other community structures
- Planning and coordination of the sensitization of members of the WDA on Smart Start
- Coaching and supervision of HEWs to support WDA activities.
- Prepare and standardize message for WDAs.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Program review at RHBs( or Zonal HO): Support program and data review meetings at RHBs
- Actionable recommendations corrective actions to implementation exigencies documented in meeting reports.
- Regularly reporting and updating the IFI leadership and RHB on progresses at regional level.
- In close collaboration with the MEL Specialist, proactively support the data verification events whenever needed.
- Conducts coaching and mentorship on DHIS2 data management at the RHB, woreda, PHCU and HP level.
- Support for data driven decision making through Data-to-Action (D2A) sessions.
Key Result Areas:
- Institutionalization of smart start in the regional and districts key documents, training materials and annual work plans
- Scale up of RISE in different woredas in the assigned intervention sites
- Ensure quality of services, embedment and integration of data need into the RHB system.
- Generate and analyze performance data to support evidence-based decision making.
What it takes to succeed
- Knowledge on the context: knowhow and experience to work with and for the region-specific Primary Health care system is Key to effectively deliver under the role.
- A self-starter: You have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision; you are someone who is proactive in looking for new opportunities.
- Consistent and determined: Influencing system is time taking and labor intensive which requires to understand people and their interest in doing their routine. Someone who is determined and always look at the bigger picture regardless of the challenges on the daily basis is needed.
- Eager and Passionate to serve young people: RISE is for and with the young people in general and married adolescent girls/couples in particular.
- Communicator: who has excellent interpersonal and written communication skill
- Evidence based decision Maker: capable to interpret both qualitative and quantitative data, transform it into compelling communication material to influence both minds sets and skill sets as system is all about infrastructure as well as people.
- Flexible: who is capable to see other alternatives when trail/attempts fail; someone with strong conviction that CHANGE is possible!
Qualification and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Public Health, SRH, development or related fields with four years of demonstrated experience in the Ethiopian Primary Health Care system
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, SRH, development or related fields with six years of demonstrated experience in Ethiopian Primary Health Care system
- Able to work within a very complex, program set up that involves government, implementing partner and high touch donor.
What would get us excited?
- Proven experience in quality assurance process, training, training follow up, mentoring/coaching of trainers and service providers of PHCU and other SRH related services.
- High level relevant trainings on Family planning and AYH.
- Knowledge and experience on FP and AYH program(s)
- Proven capacity to oversee development/implementation of work plans, monitoring and evaluation activities, and reports.
- Experience in working, flexible and agile partnership management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and other local languages.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Experience in technical project implementation in general and family planning in particular.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good team spirit.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% time away from regional office.
- Ability to follow deadlines, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Have key competencies such as being Detail-oriented; Good delegator; Strong Manager; Believes in young people particularly in girls; Emotional intelligence; Master planner and executor; Good at multi-tasking; Problem-solving mentality; Demonstrated flexibility.
- Ability to deliver in time under stressful situation without compromising quality.
How to Apply
Are you intrigued? Apply!
By following our 3 steps application process:
1. Fill out the application form using the following link: Online Application Form. It will only take 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Send your CV and application letter to email@example.com clearly mark “Application for Coordinator, SRH Project Position” in the subject line.
3. Check your email and make sure you receive an automatic response acknowledging receipt of your application which means your application was successful. If you don’t receive the automatic response, check again your subject line and if needed, re-submit your CV and application letter with the correct subject.
Application deadline is April 21, 2023. We’ll call or e-mail you back if there is a good fit on both sides.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability.
For more vacancy alerts like this Population Services International (PSI) Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram