Community Mobilizer – HOPE International Development Agency Vacancy Announcement, April 24 2023
Organization: HOPE International Development Agency
Position: Community Mobilizer
Employment: Full Time
Location: Sawla – Gofa zone
Date of Announcement: April 24 2023
Deadline: May 4, 2023
HOPE International Development Agency (HIDA) is an international NGO that works to help overlooked communities living in extreme poverty. It is registered with the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia – Authority for Civil Society Organization.
The purpose of the position is to ensure effective and efficient facilitation of the implementation of projects and to ensure that communities are empowered for sustainable development. Create a linkage with the different WASH sectors, and work with target communities’ women’s capacity building, water, health and sanitation education.
Role of the post:
- Develop & maintain strong community relationships and team spirit,
- Assess and report on community needs, and maintain detailed information on partner communities, and SHG members.
- Follow up and report community work progress and provide technical support.
- Facilitate and actively participate in the implementation of planned activities and community-level engagements.
- Conduct community development training, build the capacity of women in self-help groups (SHG),
- Build the capacity of women, families and community to collectively engage in the development of their community.
Accountable to: Livelihood Coordinator
Duty Station: Sawla – Gofa zone
Employment type: One-year contract with possible extension after the successful performance in the probation period
Required Skills and Experience:
- Education: BA/BSC degree in Environmental Health, Social Science, and other relevant fields.
- Zero years for BA/BSC degree holders
- An excellent communication skill in Amharic, English, and Local languages widely spoken in the zone is mandatory.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and a strong track record in meeting deliverables and deadlines;
- Strong data analysis and reporting skills
- Competent and motivated;
- Ability to work independently and under stressful conditions;
- Team player and able and willing to perform tasks to make HIDA projects successful.
How to Apply
Candidates should apply by sending:
Interested applicants can submit their application letter and updated CV through
email@example.com until May 4/2023
Women candidates are highly encouraged to apply.