CMAM Assistant – Plan International Vacancy Announcement, September 9 2023
Organization: Plan International Ethiopia
Position: CMAM Assistant
Location: Shire and Fatsi, Tigray
Employment: Full time
Deadline: September 15, 2023
The CMAM Assistant is responsible for implementation of all CMAM related activities including TSFP, IYCF-E at local level using participatory and community based or outreach approaches. S/he is also expected to provide technical support Woreda Health extension Workers and other staff working in the area of under-five nutrition. S/he is also responsible for collecting child Health Data including growth monitoring and sharing for appropriate health expert for case identification based on the biometric information.
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)
- Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Ensures that the team members under supervision are properly inducted on and understands their role in upholding Plan International’s safeguarding and GEI policies;
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day-to-day work.
- Ensures that Plan Ethiopia contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted.
Please click on this link to review the Job description: Link
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Diploma or Level IV in clinical Nursing, Midwifery and Human nutrition from a recognized nurse-training institute and Minimum of one year of relevant experience.
Qualifications/ experience desirable:
- Profound experience in Maternal and Child Health service provision government health system.
- Experience and/or strong professional links with work in this field in other countries
- Specialist expertise in either Inclusion or Social and gender norm change
- Knowledge of full CMAM and IYCF-E will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Plan policies and procedures
- Knowledge of international standards notably SPHERE and the Red Cross/ NGO Code of Conduct
- Knowledge of the area and region where the post is located
- Good understanding of emerging international humanitarian issues and aid effectiveness
- Knowledge of child rights and gender programming
- Good knowledge of field level realities of humanitarian NGOs work
- Good understanding of the external operating environment including government policies, strategies, guidelines and operating procedures in managing under 5 nutrition program in the country
- English language is an official communication at any time.
- Local language is an advantage criterion.
How to Apply
The closing date for the application is September 15, 2023. Qualified candidates should submit their application with the links provided below.
For external applicants:
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
Please note that:
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are not accepting CVs that are not sent through the indicated links.
- Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to Apply
More information about Plan International can be found on http:// plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
For more vacancy alerts like this Plan International Ethiopia Vacancy Announcement, join us in Telegram