CMAM Assistant- Plan International Ethiopia Vacancy Announcement, May 25 2023
Organization: Plan International Ethiopia
Position: CMAM Assistant
Employment: Full time
Location: Metekel/Guba, Benishangul Gumuz
Deadline: May 31, 2023
ACCOUNTABILITIES and MAIN WORK ACTIVITIES
Carry out TSF, OTP Program activities according to the national protocols (70%)
- Plan and organize food preparation demonstration sessions TSF sites, OTP days at OTP site in coordination with health extension workers.
- Work closely with health and nutrition staff and other prevention nutrition promoters and lead mothers to mother support groups to ensure sustainable child caring practice is implemented at family level.
- Work closely with the teams to ensure all children are screened correctly and cases are identified as early as possible to prevent further deterioration.
- Follow all national and global criteria including admission, discharge and transfer to and from the TSFP to OTP/SC.
- Ensure comprehensive health checks and correct clinical diagnosis at the time of assessment according to the CMAM protocols so that the patient receives appropriate treatment in the relevant program.
- Ensure timely identification of complications, non-respondents and referrals to the SC.
- Own the recording and registering all screened, targeted and benefited children and pregnant and lactating women, ensure correctness, consistence and completeness of the information in the nutrition registers.
- Ensure adequate availability of all medical and food supplies and ensure stock is pre-positioned as planned by discussing with logistics.
- Through cooperation with the community volunteers provide effective follow up of all cases: particularly tracing of children who are absent from the program, sick children, long stay children, children not gaining weight, and children with social problems.
- Support the CMAM officer to provide key IYCF-E and health education messages to beneficiaries based the protocol and guidelines
- Conduct home-to-home beneficiary follow-up and defaulter tracing including nutrition counseling.
- Provide a daily and weekly CMAM report to the CMAM officer.
Effectively implemented capacity building activities for local health facilities (25%)
- Support the CMAM officer in provision of continuous on the job training for the health extension workers and food distribution agents to enhance proper case management and early case findings.
- Support the CMAM officer in during Identifying health workers and health extension workers for technical training for management of acute malnutrition and integrating IYCF-E with other project activities.
- Facilitate health and nutrition trainings for partners where possible (e.g. technical workshops, training on SAM guidelines, IYCF and CBN guidelines, etc).
- To follow up and provide ongoing technical support to the activities of the trained partners
- To participate in the monitoring and evaluation of these activities, and to propose recommendations for developing future intervention in the target area.
Coordinated with Plan- team activities (5%):
- To collaborate and communicate with other Plan program officers (Finance, livelihoods, logistics, etc) to ensure harmonization of activities according to Plan’s mission strategy.
- Inform/update the Emergency Project Coordinator on nutrition activities on a regular basis.
Timely submitting all expected reports (5%):
- Daily, Weekly and Monthly activity report to be sent to CMAM officer including the best achievements and key challenges.
- Properly documentation of the TSFP and other Nutrition program activities.
- End of mission and handover reports to be sent to the Project CMAM officer before end of mission.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Qualifications/ experience essential:
- Diploma or Level IV in clinical Nursing, Midwifery and Human nutrition from a recognized nurse-training institute and at least four year’s relevant experience.
- At least two years practical experience in TSF program management.
- At least 2 years relevant experience in an international NGO or similar organization.
- Knowledge of policy and practice in the field of Community Based Management of Acute Malnutrition and IYCF-E
- Computer literate in word processing and excel packages an additional assets.
- An understanding of child rights and child protection and fulfilment in the development context.
Qualifications/ experience desirable:
- Profound experience in Maternal and Child Health service provision government health system.
- Experience and/or strong professional links with work in this field in other countries
- Specialist expertise in either Inclusion or Social and gender norm change
- Knowledge of full CMAM and IYCF-E will be an added advantage.
- English language is an official communication at any time.
- In addition to Amharic Knowledge of the local language is an advantage criterion.
How to Apply
The closing date for the application in May 31.2023. Qualified candidates should submit the application form found with this link https://jobs.plan-international.org/job-invite/46765/
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
More information about Plan International can be found on http://plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
Plan International’s Values in Practice
We are open and accountable
We create a climate of trust inside and outside the organization by being open, honest and transparent. We hold ourselves and others to account for the decisions we make and for our impact on others, while doing what we say we will do.
We strive for lasting impact
We strive to achieve significant and lasting impact on the lives of children and young people, and to secure equality for girls. We challenge ourselves to be bold, courageous, responsive, focused and innovative.
We work well together
We succeed by working effectively with others, inside and outside the organization, including our sponsors and donors. We actively support our colleagues, helping them to achieve their goals. We come together to create and implement solutions in our teams, across Plan International, with children, girls, young people, communities and our partners.
We are inclusive and empowering
We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge inequality in our programmes and our workplace. We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives. We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential
For more vacancy alerts like this Plan International Ethiopia Vacancy Announcement, join us on Telegram