BSC Nurse – Jhpiego Ethiopia Country Office Vacancy Announcement – July 5 2023
Organization: Jhpiego Ethiopia Country Office
Position: BSC Nurse
Location: Debrebirhan, Amhara
Date of Announcement: July 5 2023
Deadline: July 9, 2023
Summary Scope of Work
Jhpiego is seeking to hire nurses with Bsc background for a post conflict recovery response in region. The position will be based in selected health facilities or IDP sites in or around Debre Berhan town or other areas as assigned by the regional health bureau (RHB).
Under the leadership of regional Human Resource for Health (HRH) in Emergency advisor, the assigned nurse will be responsible to provide essential health care services to communities in conflict affected zones. The position will be temporarily assigned staff specific for the mobile health and nutrition team or part of a service delivery team at the assigned health facility.
As part of the health delivery team, the assigned health worker will closely work with regional and zonal health bureaus and be responsible to provide diversified health care services and should be experienced in; Maternal and Child health care, emergency nutrition services, sexual and reproductive health care, communicable and non-communicable diseases treatment care, mental health and psychosocial support, health risk communication, and IPC /WASH, public health surveillance and emergency response.
The team members should be currently unemployed and is expected to fully commit to service delivery in the assigned location. The teams will be deployed to in the areas where public health emergencies occurred based on the zones demand with considering the criteria. The team’s specific health facilities or working areas will be determined by the zonal health department in consultation with assigning health facilities district with advising of regional public health institute. The team will be relocated based on the severity of emergency of health and nutrition needs.
Provide day to day service delivery in the assigned IDP site or health facility
- Working at Under 5 OPD.
- Responsible all nutrition screening activities (screening, Treatment)
- Link to SC, OTP and TFP based on the nutritional status of the children.
- Provide Technical support to health workers and HEW working at the nearby SC and OTP.
- Provided Vitamin A and deworming.
- Provide nutrition services on infant, young and child feeding in Emergency.
- Provide EPI services.
- Provided Vitamin A and deworming.
- Counselling on IYCF-E packages including advice for breast feeding
- Conduct other activities given by the zonal health office, health facility leader and supervisor.
- Required Qualifications
- University degree (BSc level or above) in nursing from an accredited/recognized institute with certified professional license from authorized offices.
- Experience in emergency response/similar setting will have an added value
- Fluency in local language is desired
- Thorough understanding of case management and social work
- Good communication skills with different stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proficiency in common computer packages (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel….)
How to Apply
Applicant are expected to STRICTLY follow the below listed application procedures:
1. Applicants must use the below link to submit applications https://ee.kobotoolbox.org/x/hI16m8FF
2. Only qualified and interested applicants can submit application letter and well written curriculum vitae saved in one complied PDF format.
3. Applicants are required to state their current basic salary in their application letter.
4. CREDENTIALS OR WORK CERTIFICATES MUST NOT BE SUBMITTED.
5. The job position being applied for must be explicitly stated in the application letter.
6. Applications not fulfilling the requirements stated above will automatically be rejected.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
The winning candidate is expected to start within short period after finalization of the recruitment process.
The deadline for applications is July 10th, 2023
For more vacancy alerts like Jhpiego Ethiopia Country Office vacancy announcement, join us on Telegram