Physician – Jhpiego Ethiopia Country Office Vacancy Announcement – July 5 2023
Organization: Jhpiego Ethiopia Country Office
Location: Debrebirhan, Amhara
Salary: 34,285 ETB
Date of Announcement: July 5 2023
Deadline: July 9, 2023
Salary Grade: The recruitment type is service delivery contract with monthly fixed payment at gross amount of 34,285 ETB and non-taxable communication allowance of 500 ETB. The payment will be done after the confirmatory letter from their assigned district which will be approved by zonal health department.
No. of positions: 12
Department: Health facilities and IDP sites in and surrounding Debre Berhan
Date: July 2023
Duration: 2-3 months
Summary Scope of Work:
Jhpiego is seeking to hire clinicians with medicine or public health background for a post conflict recovery response in Amhara region. The position will be based in selected health facilities and/or IDP sites around Debre Berehan or other locations as assigned by the regional health bureau (RHB).
Under the leadership of regional Human Resource for Health (HRH) in Emergency advisor, the assigned clinicians will be responsible to provide essential health care services to communities in conflict affected zones. The position will be temporarily assigned staff specific for the mobile health and nutrition team or part of a service delivery team at the assigned health facility.
As part of the health delivery team, the assigned health worker will be responsible to provide diversified health care services and should be experienced in; Maternal and Child health care, emergency nutrition services, sexual and reproductive health care, communicable and non-communicable diseases treatment care, mental health and psychosocial support, health risk communication, and IPC /WASH, public health surveillance and emergency response. The person is also expected to closely work with regional and zonal health bureaus.
The team members should be currently unemployed is expected to fully commit to service delivery in the assigned location. The teams will be deployed to in the areas where public health emergencies occurred based on the zones demand with considering the criteria. The team’s specific health facilities or working areas will be determined by the zonal health department in consultation with assigning health facilities district with advising of regional public health institute. The team will be relocated based on the severity of emergency of health and nutrition needs.
- Provide day to day service delivery in the assigned IDP site or health facility
- Work at adult OPD and manage all cases above 5 years old (NCDS, Communicable Diseases)
- Act as medical consultation for all medical cases encounter by the team.
- Support the team and activities coordination and act as co team leader.
- Conduct other activities given by the zonal health office, health facility leader and supervisor.
- A minimum of university degree (medical doctor or HO) from an accredited/recognized institute with certified professional license from authorized offices.
- Proficiency in common computer packages (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel….)
- Experience in emergency response/similar setting will have an added value.
- Fluency in local language is desired.
- Thorough understanding of case management and social work
- Good communication skills with different stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure.
How to Apply
Applicant are expected to STRICTLY follow the below listed application procedures:
1. Applicants must use the below link to submit applications https://ee.kobotoolbox.org/x/hI16m8FF
2. Only qualified and interested applicants can submit application letter and well written curriculum vitae saved in one complied PDF format.
3. Applicants are required to state their current basic salary in their application letter.
4. CREDENTIALS OR WORK CERTIFICATES MUST NOT BE SUBMITTED.
5. The job position being applied for must be explicitly stated in the application letter.
6. Applications not fulfilling the requirements stated above will automatically be rejected.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package. The winning candidate is expected to start within short period after finalization of the recruitment process.
The deadline for applications is July 10th, 2023
For more vacancy alerts like Jhpiego Ethiopia Country Office vacancy announcement, join us on Telegram